Monday, June 3, 2019

Life As A Red Vest, Week #10

Day 61:  LG
Shift went well!  Weather was nice, and customer flow was steady.  No problem customers, and I was able to sweep up the entire cashier side of the area, all the way to the ferns.

Bought a new pair of shoes before work; I'm able to not limp as much, and when pain shot through my foot before break, I took it off as soon as I got to the break room, and it was amazing what 15 mins without it did!

Here's hoping tomorrow goes smoothly too!

Day 62:  LG
Arrived at 4; the first hour, Sacred and I took turns ringing up customers and joking with Kylee, Gavin, and Tyler.  S left at 5, and I spent the next 2 hours sweeping various parts and ringing up the occasional customer.

HC A called a little after 7, to see if I'd taken my break yet.  I said no, so she sent Cydnee down.  Clocked out and took off my shoe, and enjoyed my half hour break.  Remembered to clock back in, and returned.  Swept, did my closing duties, and only needed one override before A came down to shut down LG.

Went up front and relieved Cassie, and rang up the final three customers of the night.  Locked the doors and wiped down the counters, and then we learned Tiffany had caught a guy trying to steal $300 worth of stuff.  We all went down to the CS desk and learned how to write up the RWD.  Then put up our vests and clocked out.

Tomorrow's my final day in LG (unless, of course, they need me!).  Here's hoping it goes as smoothly as the past two days!

Day 63:  Storms Cometh....
I woke up not feeling the greatest.  Coughing, body felt slightly run down.  But, I figured it was only 4 hours, so went.  LG was sloooooowww and HOT!  Spent the first two hours in front of the fan and drinking water.  Had maybe 10 customers in that amount of time.

At 7, lightening was showing up, so McKendra and Aggie arrived to shut down LG.  All of a sudden, I had a 'rush' of customers....for a solid 10 minutes!  Think I rang up more people in that span of time than in the previous HOUR!  Thought maybe she'd send me home, but no.  Took my 15 min break, then was told to hop on Reg 10.  Cassie and I took turns during the next hour, and watching the storm clouds move in.  Thought we'd get to leave right at 9, but nooooo.....a CFH showed up with a toilet, tile, and a bunch of tools, to go on his LAR account.  Only.....they needed to LOAD the LAR first.  Had to save their order, load the LAR with $400, THEN ring it up.  Only.....the first gift card needed a Drivers License, and it wouldn't take.  Turned out it was hers.  Finally got them rung up and on their way.  Left at 9:15, and thankfully AFTER the majority of the rain had passed!

I'm off for the rest of the week, so see you back here on Friday for the Flashback, then on Tuesday for Life In Lumber:)

No comments: