Thursday, February 19, 2009

You Call This Customer Service??

Currently Reading: Still on New Moon. Boy is it getting good! One more day till I can buy books again!


Okay; I just had a rather disturbing phone call.

I received an email from my second publisher, inviting me to take advantage of their new email marketing campaign. I called my author rep, and was surprised when a new voice answered the phone! Apparently Anthony, my beloved author rep, has been promoted and a snotty BITCH has taken his place.

First of all, Anthony could look up my book/author ID under my book title. This one very haughtily informed me, "You should ALWAYS have your book ID number with you when you call us."

Next, she went searching for the file to send to me, and how 'important' it was. I softly chuckled, knowing I probably wasn't going to pay them any more money, and she jumped on me. "What are you laughing about?"

I took the coward's way out and lied, saying I was laughing at my son. I told her I'd call back when I located my number.

I almost DIDN'T call back, but the longer I sat there, the more I was curious to know how much the email campaign was going to cost. So I went to the website, pulled up the info, and made the call.

She seemed to thaw out somewhat, when she realized she used to live in this town. But then I received her information and very nicely said it was a bit pricey for me. I asked about Anthony, and she said he'd been promoted, but she'd be happy to assist me with any questions I had.

"Actually, I have a new book contract with an online publisher, and I just wanted to let him know."

"Oh, that's too bad."

I stared at the receiver, stunned. Bad? Bad, because I'm not paying your company anymore? What about 'Oh, that's good news about the new contract'?

What part of customer service does this woman NOT understand?

I will NOT be contacting her further. I'll deal with the book ordering people, but as far as anymore questions about specials? Forget it. I'll call the office and have them connect me with Anthony.

Wonder if I could file a complaint?

What do you think?

3 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Snotty bitch is RIGHT??? Um..yeah, I'd complain. Who the hell does she think she is? She's there to work for YOU. I would definitely report her.

Regina Carlysle said...

Ooops. Those were supposed be a gazillion !!!!! not ?????? lol. Guess I was mad on your behalf!

Molly Daniels said...

Update: Yes, I called her boss and reported her. Don't know if it will do any good...it remains to be seen.

On the other hand, I had a pretty good day!