Friday, February 6, 2009

Friday Ramble and a Recommended Read!

Currently Reading: Recommended Read: Anny Cook's Love Never Ending!! I had a very hard time putting it down, and there were several scenes I'd love to share with you, but can't! Just go to Ellora's Cave, purchase the book (and any others you see!), and pay attention to pages 70-73 and page 129!! And if you agree with me, or can't wait to find out what the heck I'm talking about, email me privately at storimom2@aol.com.

Next up: Sloane Taylor's Photo Op. I won it over the weekend:)


Procastination
One of my HS classmates dragged me, kicking and screaming, into the world of FaceBook this week, and it's become mildly addicting. I haunt my email, wondering when I'll get another message, or friend request, from someone I've not heard of or seen in over twenty-five years! He even dared drag out the old senior yearbook, and wow do we look YOUNG! It's amazing...we thought we were soooooo grown up back then! I'd like to go back in time and give myself a slap upside the head for some of the idiotic things I did! But I guess it was a learning experience, and I wouldn't be the person I am today.

Over at the Writer's Evolution, they've been talking about the ways they avoid writing. My main way of avoiding my wip (work in progress, Trish!) is to blog hop, or claim writer's block. But the past 3 days, it's been FaceBook...updating my info, posting pictures, and chatting with old friends I hope to see again in July.

Mission Accomplished!
I finally got my characters in Off The Clock to admit their attraction to each other, and to finally share that all-important first kiss! About time...and I also wrote like a maniac for an hour to move on to chapter five. Daughter wanted to go to bed and the spousal unit was griping at me to 'get off the damn computer'. At least I got the idea and wrote before I went to bed; Wednesday night, I settled the toddler down and then came scrambling out of bed to write the scene! D just shook his head at me firing up the PC again at 11:30 pm...but hey, that's what happens when you get the urge to write! Better get it down while it's fresh and demanding to be written. Otherwise, it's gone forever.

Today on the To-Do List
-Vacuuming. D complained the floors are like walking on a gravel road. I'm sure he exaggerates; I mean, I did sweep...um...okay. Maybe it was last Saturday? God...where did the week go? Oh wait...I had the flu. And Facebook issues. And reading Anny's story...all valid excuses for not doing my Domestic Engineer job, yes?

-Laundry. Yeah, it's that time again. K was complaining he's running out of socks.

-Dinner? It's 'clean-out-the-fridge' night. Or maybe we can persuade D to order pizza...

-A photographer friend is having her show tonight at the local art gallery, and I've invited S to go with me. She expressed a desire for art lessons a few weeks ago; maybe we'll discuss the possibility tonight.

-Attempt to finish chapter five and get my characters into bed.

-Check my email frequently....

Have a good weekend and check out the blogs to the right:) And if you're on Facebook, feel free to friend me!

9 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

Ahhhh!!! Facebook! Run! It's very addictive and fun. Thanks for connecting with me there :-)

Molly Daniels said...

You bet, sweetie:)

Regina Carlysle said...

Oh, I'm on facebook too...just recently. Come friend me, hon.

Phoenix said...

Yeah, I'm there twice. LOL as this name and Marstad. Oh and please tell me you won't give away Anny's lovely story. Make them buy the book! :)

Anny Cook said...

Now Molly, don't you go telling any secrets! That would likely spoil it for them.

Bronwyn Green said...

Facebook is the devil...the devil that I *love.*

Molly Daniels said...

Now would I do that???

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, blog hopping is a great way to procrastinate.

Anny Cook said...

Molly, So glad you enjoyed Bishop! Thank you for the recommended read!