Saturday, February 28, 2009

Batteries Charged!

Ahhhh...boy do I feel wonderful! I crashed about 8:30 last night and woke up at 7am this morning. I'm energized and ready to tackle today's schedule!

My kids were flabbergasted last night. They don't often see Mom getting into her pj's at 5pm! But the adrenaline/caffeine rush/whatever you want to call it was wearing off, and I decided after this hellish week, I deserved a night off from 'Mommy Duty':) D took S to see the Jr. High play (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) and brought home KFC. I ate a few chicken strips, a small amount of mashed potatoes, and finished off the cole slaw (I loooooooove KFC cole slaw!). We watched Thursday night's episode of Survivor; I crawled into bed, finished reading Eclipse, and turned out the light at 8:30. Only woke up once during the night, around 4am, because of a dry throat. Yes, I sleep with my mouth open.

I've had my morning coffee; caught up on the One Tree Hill episodes I taped during the week (the ones which had taped on a previous Saturday were lost, due to a power outage); and have checked my email. The rest of the family is due to leave in an hour to go clean out the storage unit up north; I'll have peace and quiet for most of the day.
Change of plans: Our U-Haul truck fell through. I'm NOT getting rid of the family, after all. AAARRRGGGHHH!
Okay, tantrum over. See Anny's blog for more on the subject of 'Life's Detours', hahaha...one day I'll look back on this and laugh...

To-Do List:
-Sign my bookmarks and staple the excerpt pages together
-Double-check contents of rolley cart
-Wrap W's presents (after they leave, obviously!)
-Signing
-Remove posters (and remember where I posted them, lol!)
-Come home and READ! Relax, and maybe finish the damned laundry...

Saturday's Stupid Saying (and I may have already posted this one, but what the hell...it was in my home town!):

USED CARS: These cars won't last long!

-sign in front of a used car dealership (which has since closed) in Lafayette, Indiana

Have a good weekend; we have one more hectic day tomorrrow, and things should slow down around here next week.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, you deserve a night off mommy duty. Me, too. Maybe tonight hubby is taking me to the new fish place so I can get a Po Boy. I'd rather see Slumdog Millionaire but he's not into Bollywood. I'll take the kids on the sly. Tomorrow's the Ren Faire. Last night was that unexpected concert. So okay, I've had a lot of good times this weekend.

Anonymous said...

Good sleep is sooooo necessary. Ready for the new week?