Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday's Stupid Saying...and a Retraction...

I am tired of all this sort of thing called science here....We have spent millions in that sort of thing for the last few years, and it is time it should be stopped.
-Sen. Simon Cameron, on the Smithsonian Institution, 1861

Aren't you glad he was ignored?

Retraction
Yesterday I posted that come hell or high water, we were going to go north and move some of our old yard equipment to two storage units.

Not happening. Why?

Today is the former neighbor's birthday (Happy Birthday, D!) and his wife was planning to surprise him by taking him to the first day of the Indianapolis 500 time trials! And the wife wants to spend time with me....and we kind of need their trailer to move the lawn tractor! So now it's been rescheduled for NEXT Saturday.

Party Success
A enjoyed her pictures, and I also gave her a copy of Love Finds A Way. A is quiet, and doesn't curse, so I felt the tamer of the two books would be more to her liking!

Enjoy your Saturday; mine was suddenly freed up, so I have no idea what the day has in store for me. I'll probably spend most of the day on the Castles In The Sky chat loop; they are having an all day publisher chat. Join the group and get valuable inside advice!

2 comments:

Mia Watts said...

The sen. was an idiot. Well done us for remaining scientifically indulgent.

Unknown said...

I'm supposed to be writing and editing this weekend. I just returned from DS2's softball trophy day. I don't know where to put her trophies - they're multiplying like rabbits.