Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Dressing Up


Here I am, before venturing out into the heat Sunday morning.  By 10am, it was already in the mid-70's.  As soon as I left my air-conditioned home and walked to the car, I was already rolling up my sleeves.



Fortunately, during the service, we were in a shady spot, plus a gentle breeze provided welcome relief.  I was in front on stage, and friend BC Brown said we sounded good.  And afterward, we gathered for a group photo.  I'm in the back, due to my height.



Talked the spouse into buying this skirt and vest for me.  I love the color, and even found a pair of matching bead earrings:)  Forgot to wear them in the picture.



Close up of my cap.  Next year, I'll only have to borrow the chemise and cap:)  What if I go to the 500 next year?  I'll wear this on Saturday:)  Provided, of course, it isn't raining or too hot!

And then we came home and I proceeded to watch my beloved Indy Car race....from the beginning, which slightly irritated the spouse.  When we tuned in, Tony Kanaan had just taken the lead, but I wanted to watch ALL of it.  And cheered Dario Franchiti to victory!

Currently Reading:  Finished Liz Crowe's Floor Time, and I posted the following review on Amazon:
This is my first Liz Crowe book and I'm definitely going to read more. It was refreshing to read an erotic romance which showed a natural progression of the relationship, not just attraction-hop into bed-conflict-hop into bed again-resolution. The emotion was there throughout and it kept me scrolling through my Kindle, wanting to see what happened next. Excellent job Liz:) And hope I get to actually meet you one day!


Recommended Read:)


Now I'm reading Jean Joachim's Now and Forever 3:  Blind Love and enjoying it:)  I'm up to chapter 8 and wondering when the two storylines are going to intersect.

Print:  Still reading Jodi Picoult's Song of the Humpback Whale.  It's a little confusing in spots, as the timeline jumps around.  But still enjoyable:)

Heading up north tomorrow, so probably won't blog again until Thursday or Friday.  Enjoy these last few days of May:)

5 comments:

B.C. Brown said...

The new one is so much better, sweetie. Glad the SU ponied up the loot so you could look nicer next year. Not that you weren't cute as a button, Aunt Jemimah! Lol

Linda Kage said...

From old-time dress up to Indy Car races. What a mix! I love the color of the dress you bought. But I don't think I would've been able to make the heat the way you did. Kudos!

Anonymous said...

tory burch shoes sale qyzqsdip Cheap Tory Burch shoes klsmidhl Tory Burch outlet online czaccknf discount Tory Burch shoes whhrtkwd Tory Burch outlet sale lmsaedie Tory Burch Boots kwkjsqev Tory Burch Flats ecdncmgb Tory Burch Flip Flops heqmacaw Tory Burch Handbags kmcbwshx Tory Burch Heels ancephep Tory Burch Reva Flats hkydsiyg Tory Burch Sandals xdpmxdia Tory Burch Wallets jxnznjeo Tory Burch Wedges malbfbbo

Anonymous said...

Very energetic article, I enjoyed that a lot. Will there be
a part 2?

My web page deep sea information

Anonymous said...

This design is spectacular! You obviously know how to keep a reader amused.
Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
almost...HaHa!) Excellent job. I really enjoyed what
you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it. Too
cool!

Feel free to surf to my web site ... übersetzung google translator **