Wednesday, July 17, 2013

HDH #17


I know.  I've not done this in a month.  But 'fess up....it's grown so big, and don't you want a break from me now and then?  (LOL!)  Again, the full list can be found here .


Today you get another sample from Stephanie and Jodie.
Blurb:
Stephanie Ridgeman is sick and tired of watching her best friends go through heartache and question their goals, all in the name of love.  When she meets a young woman who introduces her to another lifestyle, Steph’s curiosity overwhelms her.  She discovers there are different ways of expressing love, although society shuns her new views.  When she learns her parents disapprove, will it affect her choice?

Jodie Armstrong lost a partner to AIDS the previous year, and is intrigued by the young woman whose friends’ antics rival those of a soap opera. She patiently answers Steph’s hesitant questions concerning her lifestyle choices and encourages Stephanie to follow her heart.  Will Steph ever figure out which world she belongs in, and will her friends accept her decisions?

Available at Sweet Cravings  Amazon  Nook

Excerpt:
“Wanna make a tiny bet?”

“I’m game.”

“If you’re right and the Bengals lose, I’ll be your slave for a day, but if they beat San Francisco, then you have to be mine. And…you have to tell one of your roommates about us.” Jodie looked serious.

“Why do I have to tell?” A tiny seed of fear knotted Stephanie’s stomach.

“Because you made a promise you’d come out. I’m getting tired of waiting for you to make up your mind.” Jodie crossed her arms. “You tell me how refreshing it is, not to have to worry about birth control and all that, that being with me is a hell of a lot better than anyone else you ever dated, but damn it, I’m getting tired of being a secret.” She stopped, her hand over her mouth, then she dropped it. “I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to tell you this until later, but it’s how I feel. My friends know about you but yours are clueless. If we’re going to be involved, then I want to be a part of your life, the part that goes out in public, not just hides in my bedroom. I’ve put up with it for six months, and now it’s time to either shit or get off the pot, Steph. I’m not Steve.” The doorbell rang, and Jodie walked over to Stephanie, lowering her voice. “I think I love you, but if all you want is sex, then you can leave after the party. Now, I’m going to let our guests in and enjoy myself. Think about it and we’ll talk after the party.”

See you next week!




5 comments:

Sabrina Devonshire said...

There's lots of emotion in that tidbit. I hope she'll be willing to allow their relationships to come out in the open.

Linda said...

Someone needs to be fair. I can totally understand Jodie, patience has limits.

Melissa Keir said...

Sounds exciting but it would bother me to be hidden from my lover's friends and family. It would make me wonder if they were afraid to tell about me, or if they thought there is something wrong with me.

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks for stopping by everyone:)

Unknown said...

I think Jodie has been patient enough. I hope things work out.