Friday, April 22, 2016

Flashback Friday

April 1996:
Grandma's house sold, and I soon settled into the routine of visiting her every week with the kids, bringing her strawberry ice cream,  raisin bread, grapefruit, and about once a month, her favorite laxative.

D and I were still not on speaking terms, other than when it came to household matters.  He was anxiously awaiting a phone call from the union, sending him back to work; I began bracing for the day when our marriage would be dissolved.

The weather turned nice; I began spending time out in our courtyard with the kids, and keeping an eye on K, who would run down to the other end of the common area and play with the kids down there.

Next Month:  I Get A Reprieve, Plus The Indy 500!

*****************
Present Day:

Last night at Karaoke:
Stop Draggin' My Heart Around-S. Nicks/T. Petty Good:)
Superfreak-Rick James  Bleh! Remind me to NEVER sing this again!
You Light Up My Life-Debbie Boone  Nailed it:)
Hate Me-Blue October  Did well:)


Tomorrow's Line Up:
Kiss Me Deadly-Lita Ford  Nailed it!
Close Your Eyes-L. Ford/Ozzy  Mark and I enjoy singing this!
Kiss On My List-Hall and Oats  Did well....
Kiss Tomorrow Goodbye-Luke Bryan  DNH
Kiss The Rain-Billie Myers Little rough in spots, but otherwise good!
Kiss You All Over-Exile  Not bad:)

RIP Prince, who passed away yesterday at the age of 57.  You will be missed.

No comments: