Friday, September 15, 2017

Flashback Friday: Rebelliousness, Phase 2

Sept 1987:
Erica and I moved into our new 'home', 808 Woody Hall.  We then headed to Vincennes to spend the Labor Day weekend.  She to visit her boyfriend D; me to catch up with friend DW, my indiscretion from the previous Halloween.

I soon discovered DW's roommate was the same CS that I'd met last February, the guy on crutches with whom I'd danced all the slow songs at The Bank nightclub.  DW was also dating another girl, Roberta 'Birdy' (can't think of her last name!), whom I'd met briefly last year

Dad had also sold me his Pontiac T-1000, which I dubbed my LRBS (Little Red Bomb Shell).  Being a stick shift, I'd taken a crash course from him in driving it, and did pretty well.

Anyway, Saturday night I sneaked into DW and CS's room in Vigo Hall, and when I woke up the next morning, DW had spent the night with B, while C was in his bed.  I was freezing; C told me he'd warm me up.  Since I did find the man attractive, I did, and we discovered we enjoyed each other's company.

I spent the entire day with him, and we hung out at the George Rogers Clark Memorial and took pictures.

The next day, I was curious about my AF officer, so drove over to L'ville to talk to his mom.  To my surprise, he was back, and I'd just missed him by maybe 10 minutes!  I talked B into returning with me later that evening, and to my surprise, TS was also there!

S and B went to the basement, since S wanted his jacket pressed, and my answer was 'take a hot shower and hang it in the bathroom'.  B offered to iron it, so T and I stayed upstairs and talked.

He shared a highly personal story with me while making a Bloody Mary, and told me I was the best-looking of all of S's past girlfriends.  I looked at him......and fell in love.

But fought it, because he was S's best friend, and I was hoping to pursue a relationship with CS.

Hindsight 20/20
If I could do it all over again, I'd have never given up on that moment.  Because, I found out later that CS had been pursuing B's sister, and I was stupid enough to let him decide between us, something I'd done the previous year with disastrous results.  Did I learn NOTHING from history?

Me....Catty?
Remember JF, the guy who'd broken up with me in February?  I discovered he'd married T, and while CS, DW, B, and I were out to lunch, we ran into them.  I thought I could play it cool, but soon found the damnedest things coming out of my mouth, and thankfully I'd said them quietly enough they weren't heard.  I had to stop myself several times; why was I jealous?  It was the anger finally manifesting itself.

Member Of SPU On U!
When I was packing the car to return to BSU, C's RA came up to me; they needed two more people for the Tube Race, and would I be interested?  Sure; I'd use another friend's room number.  B also agreed, so I now had the following weekend planned.

I had an unusual schedule:  I only attended class T-Th-F, which meant I could head to VU by 1pm on Friday, and not have to return until Monday.  The weekend of the Tube Race, we had a great time, placing 22nd out of 33.  Whoever put our raft together didn't do that great of job.  Thankfully, the weather was nice and warm.

Apparently it was this weekend I met my future hubby, but I have no memory of meeting him.

Next Month:  I Meet My Future Hubby, Plus Confuse The Hell Out Of My Parents.

**************
Present Day:
I'm heading up to Lafayette today!  Going to be at the Eminence Harvest Festival tomorrow, then hope to spend a relaxing week with the 'rents, de-cluttering more of Mom's house, and seeing a few friends.  I'd also like to get 2 inches removed from my hair.

Have a great weekend!


No comments: