Friday, September 29, 2017

Flashback Friday: Single Mom Issues

Sept 2007:
I began typing up the story I began writing at the BSA camp-out, and a strange story began emerging.  Instead of a triangle, another female character entered my head and began creating tension between herself and the original heroine's boyfriend.  I decided to hang on for the ride and see what happened next.

K joined the swim team, so afternoons began to get hectic:  Pick him up from school, then drop him off at swim practice; go visit the MIL; return to get him; supervise S's homework; start dinner, write.  S soon began objecting to watching her little brother every afternoon.

She also began balking at getting up in the morning, which one morning resulted in me getting a ticket for making a rolling stop through a 4-way.  I was pissed.

W was enjoying Head Start, thankfully!  I made friends with Robin aka 'Grammy', and when I attended my 1st parent meeting, I wanted to join Council, but decided to let another parent, who 'really really wanted it', to have the position.  I agreed to simply be a peon, a worker bee, and provide snacks for the November meeting.

I also enjoyed 'meeting' more authors online, and reading their blogs.  I signed up for Blogger, and people seemed to enjoy my posts.

TS and I met for coffee one day, and as we were finishing up, he looked at his watch.

"She should be getting served about now."

*needle scratch*

You mean to tell me that you chose to meet me for coffee and not be home at the exact time your wife is getting slapped with divorce papers?  Coward.

Next Month:  Our 2nd Halloween and My Child Is Socialized!  Plus, Galley Arrives!

***********
Present Day:
We're continuing to empty the green house!  Temps were in the 90s last week and the 1st part of this week; now they're in the high 70's-low 80s.

K is doing well in his college classes (Calc 2, Chemistry, Intro to Teaching, and Intro to Technology for Teachers.)

S has been hired at Perdue Turkey Plant and officially started her new shift (2-10pm) last night.

W is enjoying his Language Arts and Science classes; Math is still a struggle.

A is spelling out everything she sees!  Still can't read, but making progress:)  She now calls her mommy 'Mom', which I find hilarious:)

Kenzie's Teacher's Pet is getting close to a re-release with Stardust/Erotes Press, and the four 'orphaned' novellas, Appetite For Desire, All She Ever Wanted, Class Reunion, and Off The Clock should be arriving either this fall or early 2018.

No comments: