Friday, November 23, 2007

Mixed Feelings...

Currently reading: Total Joy, by Marabel Morgan. Sort of fitting, as I'm feeling stressed and crabby...

Finished The Summons by John Grisham. Loaned by the aunt yesterday, and it was a page turner! Really kept me guessing!

E-books: Bought Access Denied by Jaquie Roth and My Last Dark Day by Barbara Huffert. Hopefully, I'll get to read these sometime this weekend! Loved Access Denied! It was a wonderful break from the erotica, and had a very intriguing storyline! I'll definitely be rereading this one:)

I have decided I'm either kicking into hibernation mode a bit early, or I'm suffering from adrenaline withdrawl. Why?

The temperature only rose as high as 38; I did not want to leave the house.

I knew I should have baked the pies and at least started the appetizers Wednesday night, but was too tired and went to bed early. I did get the house whipped into shape, and hubby worked all day. We ate Long John Silver's for dinner.

Hubby rudely awakened me at the ungodly hour of 6:30 am...what happened to letting sleeping authors lie? Oh wait...I hadn't seen him since Monday...

Hubby and both sons went to Rural King for the Thanksgiving Day Only sale. Nice of them to get out of my hair so I could finish blogging and go shower! And they did bring me some great buys on coffee, paper towels, and toilet paper:)

Finally got semi-motivated around noon to put together the bacon-tomato cup mixture so the flavors could 'marry'. Put on my coat and went to the nursing home to 'rescue' the honorary aunt from a 'boring holiday'. She enjoyed hanging out in the kitchen and watching me make the pies, and as soon as the ham was about to come out of the oven, I finished making the b/t cups; the toddler was up from his nap, so we made cheese shapes with cookie cutters; and we popped the pies in the oven and started on the dressing and noodles. And I'd forgotten the Lil' Smokies, so threw the coctail weenies together and the veggies and rolls.

Sat down to dinner at 4:30, and now I have so many leftovers I can hardly close my fridge! But the good news is, I won't have to cook for a while, and anyone who shows up at my house during the next week will not leave hungry!

The bad news: Hubby had to take oldest son to ER, because his throat was killing him, and no matter what he took, he couldn't stop coughing and sneezing. Verdict? Strep throat which has moved into the lungs, and possibly pneumonia. (groan...) Now to keep an eye on the baby, as they share a room...

Today, we will be decorating the house for Christmas, and all I want to do is fly to some deserted tropical beach and stay there until May. There will have to be the Great Rearrangement of the living room; the baby will probably receive toys that I will be tripping over the next six months; and I am just not ready for snow. As stated, I was on such an adrenaline high when the book came out, and the sales which continue. But right now, I just want to skip it, or at least let someone else handle everything. I still have DVD's I haven't watched from last year...

(sigh...) I'll quit rambling and go drink my coffee. Then I will get dressed, go pick up my commission check and start hauling things from the basement. Thanks to my MIL, I won't have to buy wrapping paper or Christmas cards for probably the next 10 years...if anyone needs some, let me know. I'll gladly let you take as many as you need!

No shopping today. That's another chore I'm dreading! For those venturing out today, may you find what you're looking for in a speedy manner, and don't let the crowds crush you:)

1 comment:

Molly Daniels said...

Did I say no shopping? Actually ventured out and did buy something for one of my kids, ha ha:)