Friday, November 9, 2007

TGIF

Word Count: 1628. Not been a good writing day; too many distractions. Hopefully I'll do better tomorrow...

Did you notice I added my covers? Thank my teenage daughter...she showed me how to download them so I could add them to the site! Now if someone could just how me how to turn them into the links...

A miracle has happened. My daughter was actually early to school this morning:)

This could be attributed to two things: 1) she's had too many tardies and has an all day Intensive Study Time, which is similar to an all day detention...five more tardies and she gets an In-School Suspension; or 2) today's the day the candy fundraiser comes home, and my coin can will be raided daily until her box is empty or the fundraiser ends, or there are no more coins to scrape together the dollar needed to pay for the Krunch Bars! (Note to self: Do NOT dip into coin collection for chocolate fix...It'll take a long time to get back every state quarter collected over the past 7 years!)

I'm also thrilled this morning because for the first time in a year, I was able to watch an entire Surviver episode! Imagine that...the past year, my state had f***ed with our clocks, and my county has been an hour behind 'normal' time. My favorite show, which would normally be shown at 8:00 has been on at the ungodly early hour of 7 pm. And given this is when I'm normally picking up K from swim practice, I've had to have it taped, and then finish fixing dinner upon arriving, so I've only been able to catch maybe the Immunity Challenge (or see the outcome!) or definitely Tribal Council. And this was the season I eagerly aniticipated, because it is set in China. Well, due to the time change, and the fact K's swim practice has been moved to 3:30-5:30, I'm suddenly at a loss at how to spend my newfound free hours! Dinner last night was ready at 6:30; the kitchen was cleaned; my daughter and I sat cross-stitching happily while watching the program! And since the chores were finished, the baby ready for bed, and my word count goal accomplished, we taped CSI and Without A Trace and were all in bed by 10pm (we taped both, because K went to bed at 9:30, taking his little brother with him!)

I seriously need to get out to the nursing home today. I've not been out since Monday night, and with this new swim practice schedule, I've been busy writing during his practice, and by the time the chores are finished, it's too late to go visit. I'm just going to have to suck it up and take the toddler with me after I drop K off. S is even joining the YMCA after-school program starting next week, so that will give her something more productive to do than be on the phone or internet with her friends or nagging at me to let her use the computer!

And hubby called this morning to say he was working tomorrow, and wouldn't be home until sometime Saturday night. So guess what I'll be doing all day Sunday after church? Laundry goddess strikes again! At least this means hubby's paycheck will be a little more padded, and I can pay our gas bill in full...and make a dent in one of the larger medical bills! And even treat myself to another e-book...Hmmm...who's next on the list? Anny Cook's Chrysanthemum...and maybe Jaqueline Roth's Access Denied...see, I'm catching up! Only 21 books on the list now...only started with 30 or so, and Kelly, AJ, and Anny keep tantalizing me with their interviews...of course, that's how the list got started, so I really can't complain! And with Kelly's interview this morning, I just may have to add Sandra Cox's Boji Stones to the darn thing...it keeps growing...

Have a good weekend:)

9 comments:

Brynn Paulin said...

I love when the schedule thing works out. Mine rarely does, lol.

Nice covers!!

Molly Daniels said...

Thank you:) When I get rich and famous, I'm re-pubbing the first one as 'Love on the Rocks'...which was the title I fell in love with for LFAW...never dreaming I would some day change it...

Phoenix said...

I'm so glad you are getting intrigued from the interviews. There are so many very good authors out there. Now you have books out there too!

So tell me, Moll. What is the signifigance of the pathway on Love is Sober?

Molly Daniels said...

Hahahaha...I described what I envisioned...college frat scene, with my girl holding an alcoholic beverage...and this was the cover they came up with. As a Pub virgin, I said, "Okay." It certainly shows you cannot judge a book by the cover! It's my drinking and driving storyline, not "My Life as an Alcoholic" as so many seem to think...

Molly Daniels said...

I suppose it could be interpreted to be 'stay on the straight and narrow', ha ha...just thought of that:)

Bronwyn Green said...

I like the covers :)

Unknown said...

on the 'straight and narrow'...I liked the crooked and curvaeous myself

Molly Daniels said...

I rather like the 'long and thick' myself:)

Anny Cook said...

Heh. Well, I remember those days with screwed up schedules. In the old days I arose at 4:30 AM every morning and drove my husband to the bus station. Came home, dressed, drove son-in-law to his ride to work, came home drove daughter to job, drove to work, worked all day, then picked up daughter from job, drove across county to pick up husband, pulled into driveway at 7 PM, fixed dinner, and uh...whatever. Repeat for next day. One car for five adults. So I do understand TGIF!!!