1) Most importantly, this roof over our heads. Crowded it may be, but we are not homeless.
2) Hubby's continuing good health. It's been nearly 2 years since he basically died on me 3 times, and God sent him back. I've told him he can't return until the baby is in college...
3) My children. I have a budding astronaut; a future veterinarian/dog trainer and/or author; it's too early to tell what the baby will aspire when he gets older. However, if his favorite toy is any indication, he will either be a farmer or go into road construction like his father!
4) My friends, new and old. I've met some wonderful people during the past year who have encouraged me; who have inspired me; who have challenged me to stretch my creative abilities. And I've been able to prove that distance does not mean the end of the friendship, if one actively works at it. And even after 22 years, that friendships can pick up right where they left off...
5) Our lone family pet, Lucky. She lost 2 siblings this year, and is discovering the ups and downs of being the House Guard. She's endured me forgetting I had put her outside; the baby for overfeeding her; and the joys of finally not having to fight for any tidbits of 'people food' either dropped or offered:)
6) My supportive parents, who lovingly steal the grandchildren several times a year in order to give everyone a chance to recharge the batteries:)
7) The wonderful aids and nurses who take good care of the MIL and other elderly residents I have come to know.
8) My neighbor, who cuts our grass every summer and doesn't mind a 3-year-old redoing his work with his bubble mower:)
9) The freedom to write when the urge strikes...
10) My favorite butcher who provides us with good meat and the hubby who repackages it for me:)
11) Modern cleaning appliances...washer, dryer, various cleaners...I miss my dishwasher:)
12) My toddler's teachers, who have broadened his abilities and brought him out of his shell the past 3 months:) Everyone sees the changes in him!
13) Two TV's...2 DVR's...my eyesight...teenagers who have friends...a toddler whose attention span has lengthened so he can watch at least 3 half-hour programs and let his mom work...
14) Good weather, so hubby can continue to work, even in late November/early December
15) The people at the motel where he stays every week, who let him have the same room every week.
16) The waitresses at the truck stop who feeds him breakfast every morning, and sometimes dinner.
17) For readers, who enjoy my books and keep coming back for more! Without you, my creativity would be selfish.
18) Did I mention my health? And my wonderful doctor, who tolerates my self-diagnosis over the phone and trusts that I know what I'm talking about. And yes, I won't skip my physical or my mammogram this year...I promise...