Word Count: 1690 on WIP, tentatively titled Head of the Class. AJ's read the first 2 pages, and I might post an excerpt later this week.
Update on the cell phone: We dried the battery/SIM card with a cool blow-dryer, and it works:) No yelling was heard...
1) When he no longer needs you to accomany him to the bathroom.
2) When you hear the toilet flush and he announces proudly he went.
3) You take him to a family gathering and after a few minutes, he is happily running around with the other children.
4) At the Parent-Teacher conference, the teacher acknowledges he's one of the most improved in the class, and is not the discipline problem you warned her about...
5) You take him shopping for clothes and he insists on a specific character on his underwear because his BF wears them too...
6) The reason you're shopping for clothes is because his jeans, which were fitting 'just slightly loose' last winter are now rising above his ankles.
7) He can sit quietly and be engrossed in SpongeBob SquarePants while you're at the computer, completely lost in the world of your imagination as it flows from your fingertips.
8) His grandparents spend time with him and comment, "He is really getting enjoyable! This is the best visit we've had with him!" instead of wiping their foreheads as they are going out the front door, thankful he's not returning home with them, as his energy level was off the charts!
9) He can fasten his own seatbelt.
10) He dresses himself, even his shoes (velcro fastenings, but it's a start, and they're on the right feet!)
Happy Sunday...seems to be a day for random thoughts. Wish I could have been included in the discussion between Anny, AJ, and Kelly...it sounded fascinating! And yes, sometimes I'm remiss about flogging other peoples' blogs...but I eventually remember, and post them here in the message!
Want to know what discussion I'm referring to? Visit http://www.amarindajones.blogspot.com/ . Anny's discussing her clausterphobia and how it ties in with her choice of dwellings on http://www.annycook.blogspot.com/ and I've already mentioned Kelly's insightful quote yesterday...oh what the hell...go check it out http://www.kkirch.blogspot.com/ . Jackie's having computer probs...must have been that strange comment on her blog the other day. And Bronwyn's asking who you'd like to meet, past and/or present, http://www.bronwyngreenblog.blogspot.com/ . Brynn's not posted since Friday.
Okay. Gotta go drink my coffee and get ready for church.