Friday, May 24, 2013

Flashback Friday

May 1993:
The weather warmed up; T's mom and I took our baby boys to a festival downtown on the Circle, and both boys enjoyed themselves.  We also went to the zoo, where 17 m/o K climbed on statues of frogs, kicked nanny goats (we had to take him out of the petting area), and called 'Here Kitty Kitty Kitty' at an elephant. When that didn't work, he switched to 'Dog....dog....here dog....'

Emerson Fittipaldi won the 500, and I walked home from the track afterward.  The spouse and K had dropped me off as close to the track as they could get me, then took of for Grandma H's house.  I spent a quiet evening watching the race coverage on TV, so I could see what I missed, and ate Cookie Dough Ice Cream.

*******
Present Day:
Daughter graduates tonight!  Meeting my parents at the Mexican restaurant, then heading over to the ceremony.  Tomorrow, I'm heading to the Farmer's Market to buy two pies, raspberry and peach, from a friend and to secure a slot for June 8th, during the Red Skelton Festival.  One of my friends has a book coming out sometime soon, and so I get to show him how to work a signing:)  Then K and I are returning with my parents in order to go to the 500 on Sunday.  So have a safe and happy Memorial Weekend!

No comments: