Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Life As A Red Vest, Pt 1

Day 10:
My 1st shift as on 'official' red vest-wearer went fairly smooth.  I only ran into problems with a coupon (had to type it in instead of scanning it), and when a customer had bought a shelving unit.  A different screen popped up and I wasn't sure what to do.  It didn't need assembled or installed...oh wait, Option #3 asks if customer didn't need assistance.  Typed '1' beside it and all is well.

One customer complained because nothing had gone right, but was rather good-humored about my confusion over her coupon.  Another complained about the price, but said she needed everything, then was happy when her friend loaned her the money.  "Money she owes me anyway..."

Went to dinner and ended up talking about Spirituality to one of the other guys, Shawn, who came to my rescue earlier in the shift, when a customer had shown up with a square metal thing, and I couldn't locate it on the app.  It didn't turn up as a 'electrical box', 'gutter box', or even 'outlet'.  Turned out to be a gutter drain outlet.  S went back to the department and found one with a bar code.  Customer was very happy!

Looked at my sales total, out of curiosity....I'd rung up nearly $6500 that night, and we were fairly slow!  Had a couple of 'rushes', where there was a customer at every register, but I managed to read the Keto cookbook in between.

Hubby took me to Denny's afterward, since I was still hungry!  I'd only eaten the Ham Lunchable and a container of KFC coleslaw for dinner.

Am I going to do this every day, now that I'm working?  I don't know.  This week, I work M-W-F-Sa, plus next Su-M.  So it depends.....if nothing remarkable happens, then no, I probably won't report back.  But there are plenty of interesting people, and face it; I'm far from perfect.  But I'm happy to report I didn't have any major screw ups tonight, with the exception of a Veteran's discount that I discovered too late to apply to his account.

No comments: