Friday, July 26, 2019

Flashback Friday: County Fair

July 2009:
Spent the 4th working at the fireworks store, and met Brandon's g/f Mel, who mentioned she was looking for a babysitter for her 3 y/o daughter.  I mentioned I had a young son who needed socialization, so we agreed to try it for a week.

W and C clicked immediately, so we began watching Miss Claire every day.  Even took both kids to the county fair, and S and C rode the merry-go-round so many times, my 15-y/o got sick of being on it!

It had rained earlier in the week, and as we were going to the car, W raced through the mud puddle, while C came to a screeching halt and walked carefully around it!

K had also joined the football team, and as a parent, I was recruited to help park cars one evening.  As it turned out, the shift I chose was also after a torrential downpour, so K spent his three hours helping cars stuck in mud to break free, while I directed traffic down to the other parking lot, and let in cars for the Demolition Derby!

Next Month:  Football Mom!

***********
Present Day:
I'm off to Perrysville, MO for the weekend, to the Heroes For Kids convention!  Wish me luck; my budget is tight, and I might have to return Saturday instead of Sunday.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: