In January 1970, I had just turned four; my mother was expecting my sister; we were looing for a house. Since I have only vague memories about this particular year, here's a look back at some of the top music and movies.
25 Most Requested Songs:
1. I'll Be There - Jackson Five I still like this version better than Mariah Carey's:)
2. (They Long To Be) Close To You - Carpenters My best friend had this single and we'd sing it till we were hoarse!
3. ABC - Jackson Five Another fave
4. Ain't No Mountain High Enough - Diana Ross This is one of my favorie 'Sweatin' to the Oldies'
5. The Wonder Of You - Elvis Presley
6. Tears Of A Clown - Smokey Robinson and the Miracles I like this one:)
7. I Want You Back - Jackson 5
8. Evil Ways - Santana
9. 25 or 6 to 4 - Chicago Must confess I never understood this one...
10. Give Me Just a Little More Time - Chairmen of the Board
11. The Letter - Joe Cocker This song is on our Super Bubble LP, purchased in 1978.
12. Montego Bay - Bobby Bloom
13. Band Of Gold - Freda Payne I like Belinda Carlisle's version better
14. Get Up - James Brown
15. American Woman - Guess Who
16. The Love You Save - Jackson Five
17. Venus - the Shocking Blue
18. Make It With You - Bread
19. I Think I Love You - Partridge Family Still catchy:)
20. Let It Be - Beatles One of my all-time favorite Beatle songs
21. Still Water (Love) - Four Tops
22. Get Ready - Rare Earth
23. Hey There Lonely Girl - Eddie Holman
24. Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time) - Delphonics
25. Spirit In The Sky - Norman Greenbaum My SU's favorite song:)
The Aristocats My first movie that I remember seeing; mom and dad claim they took me to see Jungle Book at the drive-in, but I spent the entire time climbing from the front seat to the back. Proof I didn't have the attention span yet. Or...was it my eyesight?
The Ballad of Cable Hogue
Beneath Planet Apes
Beyond the Valley of the Dolls
The Bird With The Crystal Plumage
Boys In The Band
Cotton Comes To Harlem
Count Yorga, Vampire
Elvis: That's The Way I Is
Even Dwarfs Started Small
Five Easy Pieces
Hercules In New York
I Never Sang for My Father
Little Big Man
Love Story Saw this movie when in my teens; never had the desire to see it again.
Man Called Horse
M*A*S*H This was rereleased when I was a teen; I loved the TV show and the parents explained this was the original movie.
On a Clear Day You Can See Forever
Out Of Towners
Owl and the Pussycat
The Red Circle (Le Cercle Rouge)
Santa Claus Is Coming To Town It's just not Christmas until we watch this, along with the other Rankin-Bass films!
Scars of Dracula
Scrooge My SU introduced me to this version; I think it's my favorite, along with the Muppet Christmas Carol.
Start The Revolution Without Me
There's a Girl in My Soup
There Was a Crooked Man
They Call Me MISTER Tibbs!
Too Late For Hero
Tora! Tora! Tora!
The Twelve Chairs
Two Mules for Sister Sara
Women In Love
Anyone remember any of these songs/movies? Or even what you were doing in January 1970?
Getting Back To Work...Maybe...
The TV is already sporting the ticker for tomorrow's closings. So far, our school's not on it. But if the kids are snowed in again, I'll be baking cookies and trying to keep the house warm! Yup; another snow day. Which again means limited access for me. I'm hoping to be able to at least get chapters 3 and 4 edited before they start fussing! W, on the other hand, is thrilled because of this unexpected 'holiday', especially being so close to the regular holiday break! Myself, I'll be blogging about this topic next week. Hint: I'm having a WTH...moment.