Thursday, October 14, 2010

Terrific Thursday with Brianna Martini:)

Welcome! Please introduce yourself and tell us about your latest release.

Hi I’m Brianna Martini, m latest release is Martini on the Blues and it’s a Christmas novella.

Add a blue shot glass, a touch of liqueur an emotional woman and a naked man. Is she drunk? Is she dreaming or has she hit her head on the marble bar stand? Find out now get a copy of Martini on the Blues. http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online click on the bookstore button and search Martini on the Blues. You will fly and smile reading Brianna’s latest ebook release. Martini on the Blues Book One from the Martini Series.

Have you ever had an idea for a story which scared you after you began writing it?

No not really, because I usually plan out my rough draft. I leave it for a few days then go back to it and start writing.

Have you incorporated actual events from your own life into your books?

Yes I have a few times, and actually predicted a few incidents which I never thought would happen which did.

How much research do you do? Do you research first and then write, or do you write first, then research as needed?

Depending on my plot if I need research then I sit and research everything on the topic that I can find and read up on. After that I plan an outline of what I want my story to be about and write up a first draft. I like to write after my research is done since this gives me a better perspective view of what I want to say and express it more accurately.

Is there any message you want readers to take from reading your work?

Depending on which story they read, each reader reacts differently after reading the same novel. I would like to have my readers to read between the lines, relax and enjoy the book.

Are you a plotter or a pantser? And have you ever had a story take on a life of its own?

I’m a plotter, but then again it depends on what type of story that I am writing. Most of the time my stories take a life of their own and the words come freely to me from my heart to the reader.

How long did it take for you to be published?

I have been published all my life, since the age of three. My father used to a journalist. (Molly pouts) That's not fair! You had the 'Home Field Advantage! Can your dad adopt me?


If you could go back and tell yourself anything when you first began your writing career, what would you say?

Nothing I am happy with what I have now and see how far I have succeeded. I’ve had many setbacks and rejections this is normal. I never let any negativity let me down.

Who are your favorite authors? Who would you say influenced you the most?

Debbie Macomber I love her books, I enjoy Bertrice Small, Jackie M. Smith,

Denyse Bridger, Nicholas Sparks, Margaret Atwood and many others.

My father has influenced me the most to write and become like him.

What would your readers be surprised to learn about you?

That I am a former teacher and chef.

For Fun:

Favorite Halloween memory?

Three years ago with my children, I dressed up myself and people actually thought I was kid. I ended up with two bags of goodies which I donated to the local food bank.

Favorite Scary Movie?

Sorry I don’t watch anything scary anymore. LOL:) I don't either!

Frankenstein, Dracula, or Werewolf?

Dracula

Thank you for being here today! Please tell us where we can find your books.

http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online


STORY BLURB:

Add a blue shot glass, a touch of liqueur an emotional woman and a naked man. Is she drunk? Is she dreaming or has she hit her head on the marble bar stand? Find out now get a copy of Martini on the Blues. http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online click on the bookstore button and search Martini on the Blues. You will fly and smile reading Brianna’s latest ebook release. Martini on the Blues Book One from the Martini Series.


EXCERPT FOR WEBSITE:

Jade proudly placed a glass in front of Adrienne, skilfully whisking away the already empty chocolate martini glass. Adrienne was really hitting it hard tonight, harder than Jade had ever seen her.

Tears began to flow anew as Adrienne contemplated the azure blue liquor in the smoky glass in front of her. It reminded her of his eyes. Not the cheating lying louse she'd just virtually dumped, or even the eyes of almost dearly departed husband. Looking into the glass' smokey blue depths was just like staring into the gaze of her long ago college boyfriend Justin. “Oh gawd”...she cried silently.

"Wh- what's this– a, a new drink, Jade? She hiccupped then squinted her eyes to focus more clearly on the drinking glass. She had a vaguely uneasy notion she should go home soon, but she found she didn't want to, not really. Something was keeping her here, something more than seeing her friend and drowning her sorrows. She had a feeling of almost impending euphoria, as though something very good was going to happen if she stayed here long enough.

"Yes it is honey. Something I've been working on quite awhile now and it's just about perfect. It's called 'Martini on the Blues' in honour of the holiday season and of course your birthday on Boxing Day. Tonight is the first night I'm making them and you're my very first customer to have one. Happy early birthday, babe."

Adrienne sniffed it tentatively and decided she liked the smell of it. She took a quick taste. It was to her liking – a touch of strawberries, and something else. She couldn't figure it out what it was. She took another drink, then another. As she swallowed the last drop, Adrienne was surprised to see that the glass started glowing. She figured it was some kind of glow stick or something and she hoisted the glass up to peer myopically at the bottom of it, then sneezed as smoke began to trickle down from the bottom of the glass, thin and reedy and scented with cedar and strawberries.

She shook her head, setting the glass down again and catching sight of the bright Christmas decorations over the bar. Loneliness came over her again, slamming into her with almost physical painfulness…

=

17 comments:

Linda Kage said...

Hi Briana, congrats on the book!! I love the title and the blurb is a great attention-getter.

All in all, I'm with Molly. Can you dad adopt me too! What a way to grow up.

It was nice to meet you.

Unknown said...

Hi Briana,

Love the cover..it pops off the page. The blurb is great too.

Best of luck! :) Though it sounds like you're off to a running start.

Liliana said...

Hi Brianna and Molly love your blog.
Welcome back Brianna you've been missing for awhile and we sure missed you. Martini on the Blues
has been reviewed and Rated 5 Stars by Liliana Promoromanzielibri Facebook Book Reviewer
promoromanzielibri@yahoo.it

AngelaWhite said...

Great writing. So many authors do not take the time to put in those small details that matter so much. Can't wait to read it.

XoXoPublishing said...

Congratulations Brianna, excellent interview. XOXO Publishing Staff

Brianna Martini Official Blog said...

Hi Molly,
Thank you very much for posting my interview on your blog.

It looks like I'm getting some very positive comments and I'm glad to be back.

In regards to my name it is Brianna Martini.

Brianna xoxo

Martini on the Blues
Brianna Martini
http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online

Carl DeGasperis said...

Hey Brianna, great interview and welcome back. I'm grateful to have met you on Facebook and your encouragement to write. I'm happy with the result of our collaboration. Bianna and I have written a book together which will be released soon.
Titled: Sex It Up! Please
Authors: Brianna Martini and Carl Degapseris
Publisher: http://www.xoxopublishing.com
Release date: Nov 2010

Andrew Kevins said...

Hi Brianna, congrats I love your book. Andrew
PS: Great book cover.

Kristal's Blog. said...

Awesome hun!

Brianna Martini Official Blog said...

Hi again Molly, thank you for fixing my name. XoXo Publishing(TM) has an in house book cover artist Amanda Struz she works exclusively for XoXo Publishing.com

Thank you all for your wonderful comments.
Brianna Martini xoxo



Martini on the Blues
http://xoxopublishing.com/shop-online/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=32&products_id=11

http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online

Amanda Struz said...

I must say that as the Cover Designer for XoXo Publishing, I very much enjoyed working on, and creating the fantastic covers for her books! Brianna martini is a very talented author, and I enjoy buying/reading every single one of her books!

Anonymous said...

Hi Briana, I've been following your books. You are skilled at crime and suspense writing because you know how to introduce the element of surprise, plot twists, ironic reversals and all the hallmarks of a well told tale. I like your off-the-wall characters since characterization is a part of good writing too. Dissociative Identity disorder or multiple personality disorder fascinates and I noticed in one of your recent stories, one of your characters has this disorder. Fascinating and well told tales! Keep 'em coming!

Unknown said...

Hi Brianna, Congratulations and welcome back. My wife and I are very happy to see you again. Are you still writing your Ask Brianna and Dear Brianna help and sex blog? I haven't seen it on your site or Facebook. We're curious you haven't mentioned it. Tzvi Adam
PS: What is the link to the XoXo Publishing bookstore?

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks for being with me Brianna:)

Your book definitely sounds intriguing, as does the help and sex blogs!

Marianne Stephens said...

The cover immediately catches your attention. I want one of those drinks! Good luck with sales!

Audrina said...

Hi Brianna welcome back!!!! Whooot hoot where have you been hiding woman? I ordered your ebook and can't wait to start reading it. A review coming up. Keep me posted FB. Aud

Brianna Martini Official Blog said...

http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online.

Thank you everyone for your kind words. My help and sex blog has been broadcast live on the radio for the past year until March. I'm updating my website which will contain many new things and old. I don't want to spoil it for you;) Now I want to thank Molly for this interview and all of you for spending this day with me on Molly's Musings. Thanks, Brianna xoxo http://www.xoxopublishing.com/shop-online