Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Brrrr...

Currently reading: Just finished The Practice, by Stanley Winchester, and am now starting The Tontine, by Thomas B Costain. Enjoyed The Practice.
E-book: Started reading Coming Together for the Cure, a collection of stories relating to breast cancer, and the proceeds all go toward the Foundation. Also reading Golden Angel, by Claire Thompson.


It's cold outside. 24 degrees, to be exact, but the good news is, it's on the rise!

Got a surprise yestereday; hubby arrived home in the early afternoon. They had only worked for four hours and he decided to come home and see us, rather than check in to his motel room!

Can candles cause upper-respiratory problems? I had purchased a candle labeled "Angel Food Cake", and lit it yesterday. Later that evening, hubby came down with the sniffles, and so after I dropped K off at scouts, I picked up some Advil Cold and Sinus and medicated him. I also blew out the candle after I returned from picking up my scout, since I was settling in for the night. 30 minutes later, hubby announces he's feeling better....

So...was it the candle, or the medication? I'll burn it again the next time he's home and see if his symptoms get worse.

Tomorrow is the 2nd most important day of December around here, so I'll be busy finishing up my Christmas cards, cleaning any 'hot spots' (flylady lingo) in my house so I don't have to worry about the housework tomorrow, and going to the Christmas party tonight at the nursing home. Santa is putting in an appearance, and I'm going to try to get the MIL and my 'aunt' to take a picture with the kids and I with Santa. So I don't have to cook tonight, nor tomorrow either:) And if anyone is hungry afterwards, there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge.

Is everyone ready to submit their answers for the 12 Days of Christmas contest? Only one more day...Good luck to all participating, and a big 'Thank You' to the authors who made it a good hunt:) This was fun!

3 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

Do you read Nora Roberts, Molly?

Molly Daniels said...

I love Nora Roberts! And I've read some of her JD Robb series, also. Do you?

Sandra Cox said...

I haven't done JD Robb but I read the Jove and Bantam Nora's.