Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lessons Learned

I've learned several things about myself over the past week.
-I cannot work 10am-midnight and still keep up with housework, blogging, or even e-mail;
-Going to bed at 2am causes me to sleep past 9am, something I've not done 1995;
-I have a rather annoying habit of helping myself to snack food which isn't even mine;
-Working eleven days straight has caused me to have anti-social tendancies and disorientation;
-Suddenly having a day off made me extremely irritable;
-I'm nicer to strangers than to my own family;
-Work kept my mind occupied during an e-mail 'fight' with a friend;
-When Molly doesn't check her e-mail for three days, cleaning out the inbox takes an hour or longer!

I'm trying to stay positive, but it's damn hard when the husband is still home in July; my reunion is coming up and I may have to borrow the money in order to attend; I can't afford to get promo items; I'm praying the company PAYS me before friday (this company has a LOUSY attitude toward workers...where else can a person work for eleven days straight w/o pay? If I don't get paid soon, I'm NOT paying for the fireworks I brought home!); and having to fight for computer time is making me want to throw everyone out of the house, or leave myself. The ONLY thing my husband has done while I've worked is the cooking. The front room looks as if it exploded, and I want to call my niece and tell her to come get the kids. But today is dollar day at the pool, and they are looking forward to going (case in point: It's 10am and the boys are already in their swimsuits! Pool doesn't even OPEN for 2 more hours!)

Yes, I'm grumpy, irritated beyond belief, and all I want to do right now is to lock myself in a room and cry my eyes out. And I can't even do that, since there are no locks on any doors in this house. Yesterday, I cried in the shower.

Contacted the woman who organized the author's showcase last year; we are NOT doing the State Fair, after all. Which means my signings are now down to six for the rest of the year. I need to contact Folletts and Borders about this weekend; maybe there's still time to squeeze one in. (And that's IF I get paid so I can afford book marks????)

On a lighter note, our storage was broken into over the weekend, but nothing taken. I don't know whether to be insulted or relieved, lol! See? I can still have a sense of humor about life!

Okay. Off to get another cup of coffee and to start cleaning up. Or maybe I'll finish Mona's book and wait until all the kids go to the pool this afternoon???

Sorry for the down mood; maybe things will be better tomorrow.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww, a big cyber hug for you. Hope things get better soon.

barbara huffert said...

All he's done is cook? I think it's time for you to write out the list of EVERYTHING you take care of while he's working and tell him to hop to it.

Anny Cook said...

Yep. I'm with you, Barbara. In my house, he who does not work, does the house work. That's the way it works.

Mona Risk said...

Molly girl, take a deep breath and say: I have to take care of myself and sleep better. (you too Mona BTW) Here the DH takes care of laundry, dishes and fixing any mess simply because I stopped doing it. But if I don't cook no one cooks so I have no choice!!