Monday, September 10, 2012

"You Like Me, You Really Like Me:)"

Currently Reading:  Finished Wendy Zwaduk's Right Where I Belong:)  Enjoyed it:)  If you like movie-star-falling-for-author-of-book-movie-is-based-on plots, then pick this up:)  There's also a subplot of the heroine being stalked, and it kept me guessing.  Was going to start Sommer Marsden's The Anniversary Present, but for whatever reason, it's not on my Kindle.  So I'll have to wait till later.  I need to find out why it's not on my Kindle.  And I'm about halfway through The Red Queen:)


Yes, the people in this town are appreciative of authors.  The BWSNBN has reeled them in, and they snatch up cards, browse the bookshelf, and take suggestions of other author's books:)

BC Brown gave me a large stack of cards; I've probably handed out half of them.

Sandra Cox sent magnets and cards; I know for a fact I handed out four of her cards plus at least one magnet.  And a lot of younger readers seem enthralled by her book Makita.

I've lost count how many of my cards have walked off with Brynn Paulin's info written on the back, or even Jamie Carie's.

I'll post pics tomorrow; I'm on the road today, heading home.  The parade was pushed back to 4pm, and with the band playing, the crowd hung around until seven.  So I've preposted this Sunday evening, while I'm watching the Bronchos vs Steelers game (Go Peyton!)

BWSNBN:
Ch. 7:
We are introduced to the 'playroom', and I need to ask my BDSM author friends about the bed.  No bedding, just a mattress of red leather and cushions of red satin at one end.  To me, this does not sound comfortable.  And what is 'oxblood leather'?  Guess I need to google it.

He introduces her to the flogger and she wonders what would be the appropriate response 'when your potential lover is a freaky sadist or masochist?'  Ummmmm.....I'd get the hell out of Dodge, lady!  At least that was my reaction when I was 21 and a guy I was dating revealed he was into kinky sex acts and threesomes....that relationship didn't last long after THAT revelation!

She's depressed he likes to 'hurt women'.  And in the next paragraph, she wants to please him, and have him delighted with her.  I wanted to gag at this point....  She also admits on the next page that part of her wants to run screaming from the room (I cheered!), but at the same time, aknowledges 'I'm going to say yes.'  WHY?  Oh, I guess she's curious....

Would a Dom really sound 'hesitant' when discussing sleeping arrangements?  And why would you want to be with someone who 'doesn't sleep with anyone'?

Some of her thought patterns during the reading of his 'rules' infuriate me...but I'm too tired to single them out.  There's more inappropriate 'whispers' and 'murmers'.  And she's queasy when she's finished.

And when she admits she's a virgin, he goes off on her.  WHY?  Oh yeah, I want to be with someone who yells at me for not saying 'I'm a virgin' before we've even gotten our clothes off....

And why the 'farsighted' remark in Ch 8?  Makes no sense.

Then he decides to deflower her.  And what follows is somewhat believable, once I slowed down to read it more thoroughly.  But I'm still confused at first; she thinks he's a 'monster', but yet she agrees to continue??? Girl obviously has low self-esteem.

I LOVE how she throws his words back at him on pg 110!  FINALLY she shows some spunk!  But it's short-lived.

I'm not sure where the first condom went between pgs 119-120.  And I'm not thrilled by all the hair-pulling he does.  I'd be yelping in pain.

And again, I read this part on Saturday.  So since this will be Monday's post, I'll probably continue with Ch. 9 on either Wednesday or Thursday.
















12 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad the book is drawing people your way! :)

Molly Daniels said...

Me too....and Amber, I need to find where I put the rest of the pens you sent me; I noticed the ones I had out were gone. Everyone who has sent me promo stuff is benefiting from me having that book on the table!

AJ Best said...

Molly darling,

I love you!

AJ

Toni V.S. said...

FYI: oxblood leather is a deep reddish-brown leather. Maybe it's sexy, I don't know. When I was in high school, I wore oxblood-colored loafers.

Molly Daniels said...

@AJ: Thank you!!

Toni: Thanks for clearing that up for me:)

Molly Daniels said...

BTW, my evaluation of Ch 6 was posted on Sat, if you'd care to scroll down or click the link to the right:)

Carol Preflatish said...

Molly, do you just lay the BWSNBN on your table, or do you set up as a display? Do you have any of my bookmarks? If not, I need to send you some.

Molly Daniels said...

@Carol: I have it in a display with a note: "If you've read this and liked it, you'll LOVE Kenzie Michaels!"

And I still have your 'LL&D' cards. I keep forgetting to ask if people like romantic suspense (hangs head in shame)...but your cookbook used to draw people in. I shuffle the books around as I get new ones; I'll probably display yours again next year.

Janice Seagraves said...

Your still reading?

Girl you are a glutton for punishment.

Janice~

Molly Daniels said...

@Janice: Yes, I like to finish books, unless I find I'm only skimming. And I'm determined to 'do others a service' and slog through this one!

Carol Preflatish said...

I'll send you some of my bookmarks for "Sheriff." Thanks.

Marci Baun said...

I like finishing books, too, but not wasting my time. (g) I'd be done after paragraph two. LOL

As for the condom, didn't you know those things magically disappear after you no longer need them? (g)

Marci