Monday, December 3, 2012

TGIO! Time To Bake:)


First of all, I accomplished my goal:)  Hit 30K on Love Is Color Blind, and the book is practically writing itself, which was my primary goal.  Now I'm waiting for a phone call from the 500 Festival president, since the woman I spoke to on Friday could not answer my questions.  And if you don't tell on me....I took the rewritten passages of Kenzie's Class Reunion, plus the notes back and forth from my editor, and it totaled 20,038. So if you add the two together, you get 50,038.  So I essentially 'won' NaNo.  But not bragging about it all over the place; I'm happier just knowing a) I accomplished my goal for LICB and b) did not turn into a stressed-out, screaming banshee mess!


Cookie Baking Time!


No, I've not begun baking yet; just wanted to tease you with the pictures of last year's efforts:)  I did make a quick trip to the store for last minute items (ahem...I was out of butter, which is an essential part of my cookie recipe!) this morning, and should be all set to dive into the baking and make my whole house smell like Christmas.  Now if I could just get motivated to clean up the living room and set up the tree.....



Remember the Great Candy-Making Experiment?  Yeah; the one that caused me to grow out of my size 18 jeans?  I think I'm going to stick with the chocolate-covered pretzels, one batch of PB cups, and one batch each of strawberry and berry blue gummies.

Currently Reading:  You've missed this feature, haven't you?  LOL!  
E-book-wise, I'm about halfway through Body Check by Heather Peters.  I've enjoyed both of these books, and both are Recommended Reads:)

Print-wise, I reread Marian Keyes' Rachel's Holiday and Angels, and am about 2/3 of the way through Sushi For Beginners.  I found these books while going through boxes downstairs, and enjoyed them so much the first two or three times, I decided to read 'em again!  Also, while surfing through Amazon, found out the last Walsh Sister, Helen, is finally getting her book!  It will be out in April, so I've pre-ordered it as an early Easter present for myself:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anny Cook said...

Well, the cookies look good, but I'm about sugared out. Gonna have to behave for quite a while now. Happy you finished your writing!

Molly Daniels said...

Me too Anny:) That was a HUGE load off my mind!

Glad you had a fantastic vacation/holiday:)