Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Happy Hump Day Hook:)


Here's a Christmas scene from Forbidden Love, #3 in the Arbor U series.  Enjoy:)


"Merry Christmas." Keri handed him the small, brightly wrapped package and
shrugged out of her coat and gloves.

"Thanks honey." He took her coat and draped it around a kitchen chair, then sat down
next to her on the couch to unwrap his gift, a silver, monogrammed cigarette lighter and
matching identification bracelet. "Oh, Keri, they're wonderful. Thank you." He drew her
close to him, kissing her.

Keri breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm glad you like them. Did you see the back of the
bracelet?"

He turned it over and read, "'Love from your Favorite Girl, X-mas '85.' I love it!"

"You once called me your favorite girl, and since I wasn't sure about putting my
name on it, having to be discreet and all…" She let her voice trail off, feeling shy.

"You did the right thing," he agreed. "Now come here, woman, I've missed you."

"Yeah, I can tell." Keri snuggled into his arms and forgot her nervousness once his
lips touched hers again. Everything’s all right! I don’t have to be scared anymore, except
for whatever’s going to happen next.

Forbidden Love is available on Amazon and other fine online sites:) 

For more Hump Day Hook fun, go here:)

Today's also my day over at RB4U, and my post was hijacked by my fictional characters.  So stop by and check out the hilarity over there:)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww! Very sweet! Loved it!

Sarah Cass said...

Sweet! Makes me curious why the discretion is needed. Love the hook!

Naomi Shaw said...

Loved it. Great hook

Flossie Benton Rogers said...

Very nice! I love her uncertainty.

Unknown said...

Nice hook. :)

Molly Daniels said...

Thank you ladies! I enjoyed writing this book very much, even though Keri yelled at me for cutting a few chapters out in the final draft.

Unknown said...

A few chapters? O.o lol Characters... pish. They think it's "their" story or something. lol