Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Sharing The Spotlight

Currently Reading:  Finished Nora Roberts' The McKane Brothers:  Rafe and Jared and now want to get Devin and Shane's book!  Definite Recommended Read!  Now I'm on The MacGregors:  Robert and Cybil.  Finished reading Blade and Darcy's story last night, and am about halfway into to Cybil's.  And discovered I'm actually reading these out of order.  Ah well....it's nice to see the back story!

Kenzie's being interviewed again over at the Wild Child Publishing blog:)  Go over and say hi?

I've been riding this wave of edit-submit-edit-release-promo now for almost two complete years.  Can you believe it?  From 2007-March 2011, I bemoaned the fact my friends were releasing books every few months while only two of my 'babies' were out there and not garnering much attention.  Then in May 2011, SCP took me on and suddenly the deluge hit.

Plus, my other publisher remembered Kenzie's existence and her last three were published.

So picture my booth last Sat.  Two tables, one with 'Molly' items; the other with 'Kenzie' items.  A woman walks up.

"What are these?"

"They're e-books.  Do you like to read?"

(Eyes widen)  "You wrote these?"

"Yes.  If you like romance, then my Kenzie titles are for you.  But if you prefer your romance scenes more sensual and not so in-your-face, the my Arbor U series might be a better fit."

(Woman picks up Balancing Act cover flat) "So you're....Molly?"  (I nod)  "So who's McKenzie?"

"I'm also Kenzie."  I give a short explanation about why the two pen names, and I see the light bulb go on in her brain.

She moves back to Kenzie's table and points to 50 SOG.  "But you didn't write that one."  ("Oh no.")  "I've been debating on whether or not to read it.  I'm not into the graphic stuff, though I have heard it's toned down in the 2nd book."

We have a brief discussion on that subject, then she asked, "So where can I get your books?"

I tell her, and she sighs.  "I don't have a Kindle, but I want one."

So even though I hate to do it, I tell her about my two self-pubbed print ones.  "I know someone's buying them, because I get 72 cents from AuthorHouse last week.  By the way, are you interested in mysteries?"

Her eyes light up.  "Oh yes!"

I hand her a green card, plus dig through my promo box for a white postcard.  "Both of these ladies are in print, so check them out. I also love Carol's A Kitchen Affair."

She thanks me and walks off, after taking a lip balm and one of Mahalia Levy's pens.  I was completely out of Sandy Sullivan's compact mirrors by this time!



4 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

What a great post! I am sure it is a challenge to have two personalities writing those stories. I don't know how you keep it straight! :)

Unknown said...

Yays! Sounds like a good day to me. And thanks for the promo in absentee for me. ;)

Unknown said...

Yays! Sounds like a good day to me. And thanks for the promo in absentee for me. ;)

Molly Daniels said...

@Melissa: LOL...I end up referring to myself in 3rd person sometimes!

@BC: You're welcome x2:)