Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Everything Happens For A Reason"

Currently Reading: Still on Drake's Rules. And I forgot to add last week, Sabrina Jeffries' Wed Him Before You Bed Him is excellent! Now I want to read the rest of her books! I can't remember the other title, but these are definite Recommended Reads:) I'm also up to Ch 23 on Contagion.

If you haven't discovered The Moonlight Lace Mayhem blog, pop over and read over their interviews with different authors the past several weeks. Carrie interviewed Julia London yesterday. My TBB list has now grown out of control...

Word count yesterday: 900, and I finally have them going back to the hotel. Maybe they'll get to the airport today??


If you are a regular reader of this blog, you know I sometimes talk about my faith in God. If you don't care to read about it today, feel free to skip today's post and read something more to your liking.

With that said...I'm asking for prayers. Spouse was laid off last night, and the likelyhood of him going back to work this year is slim. Normally, the construction season runs from March/April to October/November. The past several years has been tough on us, due to lengthy rain in June and projects being 'held back' for political and economical reasons.

Here's my specific prayer request: That the money we do have, in the form of last week's pay and yesterday's pay, plus whatever is left of his unemployment claim and the extention claim will be enough to meet our basic needs, and we spend what little is left over WISELY. He's only worked eight weeks, and we still have medical bills piling up, that we have been slowly paying what we can on them.

With little sales from my books this year, I may have to go looking for work. I trust He will guide me, as the last time I held a job, my paychecks helped with the daily expenses while his went toward the rent and utilities.

I know God is faithful; I've seen it in the times when we were struggling and unexpected help arrived. We once pulled into a gas station with only enough money to fill up the gas tank to get to our destination; I discovered a dollar in change and used it to play a scratch-off lotto ticket. By the time I was through with all the free tickets, $1 and $2 wins (which I cashed in for more tickets), we had not only a full tank of gas, but two quarts of oil and $17 in cash.

After my husband's heart surgery, a neighbor showed up one day with enough food to last us a month. After W was born, another neighbor showed up with baby supplies.

Two years ago, we wondered how D was going to pay for his travel expenses, plus ours. At the end of the year, his expenses totaled 12k. His income turned out to be exactly 12k more than in previous years.

Last year, we were facing dire straits, and he was called out to the pipeline, working from late September to January, after only working two weeks in July. Again, we got our health insurance reinstated sooner than expected, and the kids were able to have a decent Christmas after all.

I know He'll provide; we just need to do our part and not give up. I've seen it in the past eight years; I know He's looking out for His Children.

I have friends who are struggling with their faith, and when hard times fall, they cry 'Why me? Where is God when I need him now?" This is the time we need to cling to God, to trust His guidance in our daily lives. Pray constantly. Believe it will happen. Don't harden your hearts. It may seem that everything is working against you, but later, you will look back and see what signs you were ignoring. We did, and so will others.

It all comes down to faith and trust.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure everything will work out.

anny cook said...

Only those who've been there truly understand. In that vein, my daughter was called today for a job interview... just as we're reaching the end of our resources.

Funny how that works, right?

Unknown said...

Hugs. I'm in awe of your strong faith.

My husband's been out of work a couple times and since I know he has health problems and I'm not sure how long he'll be able to keep working, I don't dare quit my day job - even though I'd love to be home with the kids more and to write more.

Bekki Lynn said...

Would I stop reading at that point?

I think it would depend on what came before. What kind of vibes I picked up from him.

I'd probably keep reading.

re: the financial struggle is felt by so many. You're attitude and faith will keep you strong. And the good will of others. Sometimes it amazes me when they reach out when normally people pretend they don't see or know when you're in need.