Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Welcome Guest Blogger Sam:)

I'm turning this entry over to my 'other daughter' today. She passed the ISTEP test, and since she doesn't have to attend school today, she's chosen to job-shadow me. I've given her free reign today, with the stipulation to keep it somewhat clean! So here is a glimpse into the mind of a teenager.

Um. I'm Samantha. I chose to shadow her because I've always wanted to write a book since I was in 8th grade. Although I don't see that happening, maybe some day. I love words and everything to do with words. I love how words come together to make sentences and how sentences make paragraphs. English is truly an amazing language even though people think I'm a bit odd because they take it for granted. I love to take words apart to find a meaning and how they came from other countries and languages. I often correct people's grammar, which they just happen to find annoying. I hate misspelling words. I often find myself changing a part in a story if I forget how to spell a word, because I hate being corrected on how to spell. Words are truly amazing if you look at them in the way I do.

4 comments:

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks for being here Sam:) See, that wasn't so hard; just wait until tomorrow, buuwaaahahaha!

Unknown said...

I see an editor in the making! Please don't pick apart my writing. :)

Unknown said...

I can see you're a born writer, a kindred soul.

Your mom's lucky to have you.

I adore my kids, but out of five, not one like to write.

Anonymous said...

Hello other daughter Sam. If there's anything you can learn from Ms. Molly it's that you push on and don't give up. Don't get discouraged and never forget that if you have a story to be told, it won't quit bugging you until you do it. And that's a good thing.

Suggestion? Write a scene. If there's one plaguing your mind, write it out. Involve the five senses and get into your character's head (one at a time though POV hopping is really frowned on in the industry). If you don't get in there, the reader can't either. :)

Best of luck to you!