Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

First of all, a shout out to Kelly Kirch! Today is the day:) And to make up for that awful limerick yesterday....anyone out there like Veggie Tales? My favorite Silly Song is the Hairbrush Song. So without further ado....

Todaaaay is your release day...
Todaaaay is your release day....
Today today today today today today today today todaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy
Is your release day!

(I'm bowing. The End!)

Okay. Now run over to her site www.kkirch.blogspot.com and buy the book! She's got the exact link, not to mention a veeeerrrry cute guy pictured....

I have a bad habit this time of year. I either broke up with my boyfriends, or they broke up with me right before Valentine's Day. The most romantic one I ever spent to this date was back in 1991. Hubby and I had been seriously dating for 3 months, and he brought me a solid Hershey's Kiss....one of the BIG ones, in its own little glass holder. I think it took me 2 days to eat the thing.

The most unromantic? Probably when I actually handed back the class ring on this date and walked away from the stagnate relationship.

And over the years, I've learned not to depend on anyone bringing me anything in particular. I usually cook a fantastic meal and provide chocolate for myself and the kids. I've been lucky for the past couple of years; the tax check has arrived in time and I've been taken out for dinner. Today, I'm dealing with the beginnings of my semi-yearly laryngits, and so I don't know what we'll do tonight, other than my usual Thursday Reality TV. Come back tomorrow and I'll tell you.

Now I think I'm going to exercise my right to take a nap. I need to quit coughing. Yes, AJ, I'm on drugs...Sudafed, Robitussin, and Hall's cough drops. Real hard stuff. I might even have to puff the inhaler. My asthma is trying to join the lineup. I might even take some Mucinex.

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone:)

6 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Encore, encore!

Feel better.

Happy Valentine's Day. I'm chocolate-free this year. I know! I don't believe it either.

Unknown said...

Sudafed is good stuff. Get better soon. You have obviously strained your voice singing to the world.

Sommer Marsden said...

i'm with you. managed two stinking pages today. tea, seltzer, tea, seltzer, tissues. Blech. my brain is fuzzy and my throat is killing me. on the upside, Surivor is on tonight and Yao Man is back! whooohooo. Yao :)
feel better and happy V day!
xoxo
sommer

Molly Daniels said...

I'm a Yao fan myself:) Feeling slightly better...

Ate some chocolate just for you, Barb!

As for my singing...right now I definitely sound like an American Idol reject:)

Phoenix said...

THAT was awesome. I've never inspired song before and certainly never for a week. LOL.

The very cute guy is Daren Martin. He is Sabrina Jeffries' (NYT bestseller) little brother and he blogs with me and Anny on TalesOfTheTrade blogspot, Saturdays. Uh ladies, he's single.

I love Yao Man. He is sooooooo awesome.

Brynn Paulin said...

Feel better Molly!!

Love Veggie Tales and that's my fav. silly song. Very nice rendition.