Saturday, April 4, 2009

Saturday's Stupid Saying

Currently Reading: Finished Make Believe Lover, and am now on Morgan Ashbury's The Lady Makes Three, which I won the other day unexpectedly in a chat with the Siren-BookStrand authors! Also finished a wonderful Love Inspired freebie (courtesy of my mother), Restless Hearts, by Marta Perry. Kelly, this one was enjoyable! It's a Steeplechase title, so check it out:)


This is for everyone looking for domain names. A little caution, please???

www.whorepresents.com : Actual address for Who Represents

www.expertsexechange.com : Web addy for Experts Exchange programmers site

Actual domain names, although Experts Echange has since changed the site's name. The other one is still up and running!

I'm getting a rare break this morning. D, K, and W are going to help out with a BSA community clean-up project, and since S went to her 'other mommy' for the weekend, I get several hours by myself! I've already been up with words running through my head and written them down...3 pages in an hour felt wonderful! I'll probably do some chores around the house while they're gone, but the music will be cranked up and the TV off. Who wants to do chores to Blue's Clues, DIY television, or even Sci-Fi? Not me. Give me my Bon Jovi, Melissa Etheridge, or The Who. Time will go much faster.

What broke through the writer's block? A friend suggested I try to write something different. I went to bed thinking about a project and how I could make it less about romance and more about the person involved. This morning, I woke up to my daughter's alarm clock going off, and after letting Lucky outside, I ran several scenarios through my head. Suddenly a disgruntled man pops into my head and starts telling me his story. The third time he started at the beginning, I knew I'd better get my butt out of bed and write it down before I lost it.

The result? Something totally unexpected, and it's finished. Just a short piece, but there's room for expansion. I'm happy with it, and I've probably shocked Travis silly with this detour from romance.

Just hope he likes it!

So that's my Saturday; what's yours?

Oh, remember my goal to twist D's arm for a pizza last night? After discovering we would be teenager-less for dinner (S to Jackie's and K to something with his friends), he looked at me and asked how the seafood buffet at Ponderosa sounded. Five minutes later, he, W, and I were out the door!

But when nine-thirty rolled around, K came home expecting to find leftovers. He wasn't thrilled with the week's leftovers; the contents of the cabinets didn't sound appealing; finally a half hour later, D gave the okay to order the kid a pizza. So everyone got their wish!

Editor sent me an email with Ch 4 in the subject, but no ms attached. Wonder if it's okay, or if he forgot to attach it? I've been forgetting that myself lately, but usually notice it as soon as I hit 'send'. So maybe I get a day off from edits???

Final Four!
I'm going to go out on a limb and pick two of these fantastic teams. If the other two make it, well then we'll see who reigns on Monday. But for now, my pics are....

U Conn
Villanova

It might end up being Michigan State vs UNC....who knows?

5 comments:

Sandra Cox said...

whorepresents: hilarious.
Congrats on breaking the writers block. What a rush, hey?

Molly Daniels said...

Exactly! Felt wonderful! Now if the others would just come out and talk to me again...

Regina Carlysle said...

That's what I always do when I'm blocked. Trying something completely different works like a charm.

Phoenix said...

Thanks Moll! I'll look into it. :)

Unknown said...

LOLOL. That is so funny - the websites. I also once heard that the makers of the car Nova wondered why no one would buy it in a Latin American country only later to find out it means "no go" in Spanish or something like that.

That's a good idea for jumpstarting your writing. I'll have to remember that when I have writer's block.