Wednesday, September 25, 2013

HDH #22


Thought I'd treat you to something different this time.  A new WIP has taken hold, so here's a snippet.  Enjoy!

“I enjoy being with you; you’re a fabulous person.  But I don’t think we should see each other anymore.”
            Kayla stared at her phone in disbelief.  He’d broken up with her via voicemail?  At least she could hear the timbre of his voice, and could tell he had a hard time saying the words.  But still, voicemail?  He couldn’t have enjoyed a brief reprieve and tried again later, when he could actually speak to her?
            Wait; maybe he didn’t want to speak to her.  Coward.

            Kayla threw her cell phone on the bed as tears filled her eyes.  Clutching her robe around her and ignoring her wet hair, she sank onto her bed and curled into a ball as sobs racked her body.

*****
I'm playing catch up today after being gone all day yesterday.  If you have time, check out Kenzie's post; there's an Autumn Blog Train chugging through cyberspace and you're invited to play along:)  Many prizes are up for grabs, so go check out Kenzie's story, which was based on a true event, only with a fictional twist. See you over there!

8 comments:

Sabrina Devonshire said...

Wow, what a jerk he is! Sounds like very good riddance to me...

Kenzie Michaels said...

LOL:) I'm still writing this, so you never know:)

Linda said...

He could have done it by text message also, it happened to me. Some guys are just terrible.

Kenzie Michaels said...

I think by leaving the message, he was trying to convey the fact he really didn't want to break up in a cold way. More will be revealed next week, lol!

Unknown said...

What a snake! I hope she doesn't waste too many tears!

Anonymous said...

What a jerk! I don't know her or the situation but MAN up and wait till she answers the phone!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...OK, you've got me wondering what's up with this fellow. He says she's fabulous, but...? There must be something more behind this.

Molly Daniels said...

@Michelle: They've been together for 3 years; she's heartbroken.

@Vallory: I think he wanted to do it before he lost his courage...

@Christina: You guessed it:) I'll post his POV next week.