Monday, September 16, 2013

"OMG I Can't Believe I Just Said That!"

Currently Reading:  The Storm Within was interesting.  It told the tale about a woman losing her son in combat, then her hubby divorcing her.  She falls into a downward spiral of self-delusion and destruction, and is ultimately 'saved' by her daughter and her friends.  I'm calling this a Recommended Read for any lovers of Women's Fiction.  Loved, loved, LOVED Christina Cole's Summertime!!!  This is the 2nd one I've read by this author and again, I almost forgot I was reading a historical romance, the theme is timeless!  Definite Recommended Read!!  Now onto a freebee I picked up, Caleo, a YA book about a fictional society/breed/mutants called Leech.  So far it's holding my attention.


Continuing with the interview questions I opted to skip on the radio show....

What is your favorite and/or least favorite word for:  Penis?  Vagina?  Sex? Cum?

LOL....the first adult romances I read were Danielle Steele, Lavyrle Spencer, and Nora Roberts.  So 'penis', 'member', 'dick', and 'shaft' were the ones I used.

'Vagina', 'entrance', 'moist area between her legs'.  I hate, hate, hate the word 'cunt'.  Too often have I heard men use this word in a derogatory fashion when he's angry at a woman and 'bitch' isn't strong enough.  When I first began reading erotic romance, 'pussy' used to flood me with embarrassment, and while I can write it w/o blushing, don't make me say it.  'Snatch'...ugh.  Unless I'm using it as a verb, lol!

Sex:  I've maintained there are three different ways to express this.  'Making Love' is when you and your partner at fully engaged in expressing your deep feelings for each other, and everything is very mutual and giving.  'Sex' is when things are more mechanical; one of you may not be fully as engaged as the other and it's slightly more selfish and one-sided.  'Fucking' is totally selfish.  There's only one goal and that's to get off as quickly as possible.  I concede this may preclude 'making love' at times, depending on circumstances!  So do I ever have a character say 'Fuck me' in the heat of the moment?  Yes.  'Fess up; we've all said it to a partner at some point, lol!

'Cum'.  There's a funny story around this word....back when I was a lowly sophomore in HS, a guy friend had shown me the lyrics to AC/DC's 'Shook Me All Night Long'.  I pointed to the line 'she told me to cum but I was already there...' and told him he'd spelled it wrong!  He disagreed, but I maintained I was right, since I got the better grade in English.

And then discovered three or four years later he'd been right.  But I still spell it 'come'.  Or use 'ejaculate'; 'spilled his essence'

So what words do YOU use?  Or most comfortable writing or saying?

*******
Karaoke Update:
Due to the crowd, I was only able to sing two songs:
Earth Angel (Penguins):  Ugh.  Too low.
Ebony and Ivory (McCartney/Wonder):  It was okay; sang it solo.

I had really wanted to do Edge of 17 by Stevie Nicks, but ran out of time.  Darn birthday parties and people wanting to dance!  Go down to Willie's!  Yeah, I know....bitch bitch bitch.  Can I help it if I was spoiled the last three years between Willie's and Cincinatti?


3 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

I love your updates. I'm always learning about new books. I couldn't sing on stage, but I was wondering if you ever do any country songs. I heard some the other day that I would love to see you sing!

Molly Daniels said...

LOL...I'm a Reba fan, so I've done a few of hers. Kenny Rogers/Kim Carnes 'Don't Fall in Love w/a Dreamer', and Band Perry's 'Better Dig Two' and 'If I Die Young'. Oh, and 'Stay' by Sugarland:)

Molly Daniels said...

Thank you Shannon:)