Thursday, September 5, 2013

Join Me Tonight!

Currently Reading:  Finished Eric Garrison's Reality Check and enjoyed it:)  If you remember the TV shows VR-5 and Sliders, I think you'll enjoy this.  It was a little confusing when 3 worlds collided, and some of the techno-jargon went over my head, but at its core you'll find a good sci-fi story.  Now onto Roping Love by Tamara Hoffa:)

I'm going to be on Blog Talk Radio tonight!  I'll be on LATE, at 11pm EST, but the podcast will be up and running tomorrow.  If you care to stay up with me, here's the link.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/marketingforromancewriters

Here is a tiny sample of what you might learn about me.  Enjoy:)

How much do you feel you've improved in the last few years?

I've definitely gotten better at not head-hopping (much!), and I'm slightly more comfortable typing a few of the 'buzz' words, even if I still can't bring myself to say them.  And I've stopped blushing!

What room is your favorite to write in? What is your favorite place for thinking?

At the old house, it was my office, hands down!  Just me, the computer, my radio or stack of CDs, and surrounded by my reference books.  Today, my 'office' is at the kitchen table or at one of the two coffee shops in town.  Once I start writing and getting in 'the zone', I tend to tune out my surroundings.

What is your favorite theme or element in writing?

I love a good reunion story!  The characters already know each other, so reconnection is fun.  Especially if there was a wrong assumption which caused friction.

Have you ever been tempted to give up writing?

Believe it or not, I almost gave up on Kenzie when it seemed the only ones who were liking her stories were my crit partners.  But now I'm glad I persisted in trying to find the right publisher!  I'll be forever grateful to Marci for taking a chance on me, and to Sandy for seeing the potential in Wild At Heart.  More recently, family issues have made me seriously consider putting off finishing my series until the drama dies down.  But that's my 'escape hatch', damn it!  I can NOT give up writing!  Twelve years ago, when I ended up working at the school, I didn't have time to write for several months.  When school ended, I literally shut myself in the bedroom for several days and hand-wrote sixty pages until I was drained.  Then after a day or two, I typed it up and was off and running with the muse again until it was finished.  That showed me writing is in my blood; I'll probably ask for a pen and paper while on my deathbed.

If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in your latest book?

I'd make Off the Clock a little longer; everyone complains it's too short.

Have you ever used a line from one of your books on someone? What was it?

I've not used a line, but a friend suggested I work 'I'm horny and pressed for time.' into one of my books.  So it's in Teacher's Pet:)

I'm in Indianapolis today, getting my 2nd opinion on my thyroid.  I'll be able to check in during the morning and whenever I get home tonight.  See you tonight on the radio!  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck on both fronts!

Melissa Keir said...

I agree with Amber... Good Luck! I love being on the radio. It's such a fun time!