Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Tuesday Trials

Currently Reading:  Loved, loved, loved The Lost Slab by Rick Kelsheimer!  Found a few minor editing details, but the story flowed and was very fast-paced.  Now I want to go back to Robinson and see if there actually IS a glass pyramid, lol!  Recommended Read, if you're in the mood for a 750-page thriller.  Next up, Saved By The Sheriff by Carol Preflatish:)  Sorry Carol; I bought this book from you back in March, but left it with my sack of goodies from that signing.  Just found it this weekend!  I've already read Ch 1 and can hardly wait to get back to it:)


Woke up this morning with a sore throat.  What's up with my health now?  Hoping it's just because I possibly slept with my mouth open.

We've been issued a Weather Advisory for Extreme Heat the next two days, fun, fun.  Guess I'll stay inside and read/write.  The granddaughter has a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so maybe I can actually get something done today?  LOL!

I've decided to answer a question a day from the radio interview, both ones I answered and ones I didn't.

Today's Question:
What writer gives you the most inspiration and/or which one do you aspire to be like?

I used to say my blogmates, but then LIFE interfered.  I also agree with BC Brown that scheduling a time to write each day is a good idea.  When the kids were little, I wrote during Nap Time or at the laundromat.  Before the Youngling arrived, I wrote from 9-2 every day (this was before internet and social media, obviously!).  And once Youngling began attending school, I was back to the 9-2 schedule....but then the spouse retired.  I began blogging and using Face Book on a daily basis.  That whittled my writing time down to about 2-3 hours if I was lucky.

And even now, with everyone home, a granddaughter underfoot, and the last of my completed work published, I'm trying to take this month to deep-clean my house and find a working routine that everyone agrees with.  And so far it's been rough going, with various doctor appointments popping up.  So who knows when I'll get back to it, other than during my weekly writer's meetings?

November is in two months.  So I have til then to figure it out.

No comments: