Thursday, June 26, 2008

Just Checking In

Currently reading: Here's a list of books I've finished:
A Lion is in the Streets, by Adria Locke Langley
A Woman Called Fancy, by Frank Yerby (I thought this might be what Reba McEntire's song was based on, but no...)
Jubilee, by John Brice
The Sterile Cukoo, by John Nichols
I'm currently making my way through The Distant Shore, by Jan de Hartog.


Yikes, what a mess! This will teach me to carefully proofread the next time I post on my neighbor's computer! The monitor is set on a different level than the keyboard, and with my bad eyesight, well, I can't see what I'm typing until I scoot the keyboard under the desk and lean forward! Sorry for all the typos yesterday!


I've done quite a lot since Sunday:

I finally watched 'The Notebook' and cried buckets at the end. I don't think I've blubbered this much over a movie since the first couple of times I watched 'Titanic'. Or the final episode of 'Charmed'. 'Always'...there's another tear-jerker!

Jackie and I swapped kids again. K came home for two days, and then S did. But she went to Holiday World yesterday and came home slightly sunburned. Friday, we're all going to J's house for a cook-out.

What else have I accomplished? Oh yeah...I discovered my mom's computer has MS Works on it, so I've been averaging 3 pages a day on my new wip. Not much, but as I now have to share the computer with a 4-year-old, it's a small price to pay in order to let the child learn new skills on the computer every so often. And he loves the shopping game on 'Arthur's Computer Problem'.

Had some sad news the other day. My kids' first bus driver passed away, on his way to the state bus inspection. Not entirely clear if he had a heart attack, which caused the crash, or if something else occured, and he died because of the crash. I can't seem to get any more info from the online paper, or friends to answer emails! I guess I'm just going to have to pick up the phone and call someone!

I've also read 4 books, but forgot to write down the author's names. I'll do that when I get back home and record it on the weekend. In the meantime, time to get off of here as my hour is up.

3 comments:

barbara huffert said...

Glad you're getting so much done.

Sorry to hear about the driver. A bus crash is always upsetting to hear about, even worse when you know someone involved.

Molly Daniels said...

I just found out they've already had the viewing, and I can't even find his obit in the online paper! all the obits I've seen are for the day before he passed away. He was well loved in the community; I can't believe I can't find any info!

Unknown said...

Hugs about the bus driver.

One of the movies that made me sob was the first "Land Before Time" movie. I felt silly as it was a cartoon, but I saw it not long after my mother died and the little dinosaur's mother died, and I was a mess the rest of the day.