Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Not Much to Report

Currently reading: House of War by Catherine Gavin. I opted to skip Rose Kennedy's full biography, having read the condensed version last week or so!


My son made an interesting observation last week.

"Mom, when Dad's sick, he stays in bed and wants us to wait on him hand and foot. But when you're sick, you still manage to get the housework finished."

"That's because unless I'm physically unable to move, or vomiting uncontrolably, I can still take care of myself. Your dad, however, becomes helpless!"

I also recover faster. Case in point: I was better the next day. He, on the other hand, after a week, is finally getting his strength!

Hubby is also thinking of getting me an AlphaSmart. And after 3 weeks without a computer, he's seeing how tied our lives have become to the internet: Now he has to call the auto parts store to find out the price of an alternator, rather than looking it up on the website! I predict we'll have a new one by the end of summer.

4 comments:

Carol Preflatish said...

Molly, I love my AlphaSmart. While recouperating from surgery, I have not been able to sit at the computer as long as I would like to, but I can sit on the couch or bed with my AlphaSmart and still work on my manuscript.

Carol

barbara huffert said...

When does he go back to work? Isn't it time for that?

Unknown said...

He is also a man...

Anny Cook said...

I'm looking into the idea of an AlphaSmart. It sounds like something I could use though the small screen might be a drawback for me.