Monday, June 9, 2008

Sorry Barb...

Currently Reading: The Legend of Baby Doe, book #3 in the Condensed Newsweek book. Again, I forgot to write down the author. Shame on me. I'm about halfway through it, and now I want to go back to Leadville, Colorado. We went there in 1983, when I was 17, but I've forgotten most everything about the tour, except for playing the pump organ in some historic house. It was fun, but thank god for electricity in organs! On the other hand, your legs certainly get a work out...

The fourth book is All the President's Men, which I also read not too long ago. I may skip it.


The local college very graciously welcomed me to their resource room, and I'm happy to report I can now access my chat loops, Adult blogs, and stay online longer!! The downside...my family may take the car keys away from me. I'm now 12 blocks away from home, instead of only five...

But that's okay. And I don't have to worry about children looking over my shoulder. Yesterday, the only PC I had access to was up in the kiddie section, so I had to be careful where I visited. I clicked on Dakota's blog and heard a gasp behind me...a pre-teen was looking very intently at her banner! I scrolled down and hastily went to her comments before the young girl's eyes popped out.

And I can also bring my floppy disks or CD-R and save my new wip! I forgot to bring my wrist brace, so maybe I'll start typing it up later this week. I finished the first chapter last night, so yes, it's time to get it typed up.

Hubby and sons have a stomach bug. W had it yesterday; hubby came down with it last night; K woke up feeling yucky. I hope I don't get it!

Flood Stage
Went over the bridge to see how high the river was rising. It's getting close to the top of the levee, and sand bag crews are out in full force. The bad news: More rain is expected later today. And one of the highways has already closed due to the high water just 30 miles to the east of us. And since the festivals in town this week are only 2 blocks from the river, let's hope the hand of God holds the boundaries intact?

2 comments:

JacquƩline Roth said...

Hope everyone gets to feeling better.

barbara huffert said...

Sorry? Does this mean you're not coming? Aw! I was looking forward to having my books in order.

Stay at the library...then you won't catch the bug.