Currently Reading: Wind Song, by Rita Karnopp. I'm up to chapter 5 and I love the dialogue between the main character and his nephew!
What's that saying...it takes 14 days to make a habit, but only 2 to break it? So true, so true.
My kids have been in school for 3 weeks now. The first two, I was up, dressed by 7:15, with one cup of coffee in me. I took both teens to school, and the baby and I would return home. I'd turn on Nickelodean, get him his breakfast, pour myself another cup, and settle down at the computer for 2 hours.
And then the spousal unit returned.
It's been three days and I've already returned to my bad habit of not getting dressed until 10am. So what's the problem? Probably nothing. I just liked having the house in shape before I sat down at the desk. So why don't you change it? Starting next week, I will. Especially since W might have some separation anxiety again, and I might have to stay with him for an hour. I just have to get back the mind-set that even though he's still home, I still have to do everything. He's too depressed to pick up the slack. I was reminded of this when I dared go to bed early last night. When I woke up, there was no iced tea made (I'd set everything out while K was washing the dishes, and hoped someone would take the initiative to finish it. Silly me...) and no coffee pot set up (again, silly me. I'm the Coffee Set-Up person; not the fairies!). And when I chose to sleep a little late, it turned out he had too, and resented my asking him to take the kids. So yeah, I'm slightly pissy this morning, as is he. But we'll go out to lunch, go get toilet paper, Overnight pull-ups for the toddler, and dog food and things will be okay again.
I was able to do some more writing yesterday, while hubby was engrossed in Stargate. 2 more pages on LIC, and another page and a half on another project:) Baby steps; it's all about the baby steps, and no marathon writing sessions. Yes, he's still complaining about the 4th of July stint.
Today's chores also include laundry. He repaired the porch swing yesterday, and no, I've not sat on it yet! It's held him up, so I know the patch worked.
I got Tagged:)
I should have seen this coming; everyone else has been tagged!
1) Link to the person that tagged you
.2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) List six unspectacular quirks you have.
4) Tag six bloggers by linking them.
5) Leave a comment on each person's blog to let them know they've been tagged.
Six Unspectacular Things...
1) I have a vague memory of chasing 2 boys around the classroom and threatening to kiss them. I was in the 1st grade.
2) I didn't date; I mated. My 1st boyfriend and I 'went together' for 3 1/2 years before we finally 'broke up'. Why? We were also 'dating' other people during the final year...
3) I accidentally took The Happy Hooker on a church choir trip. Caught hell when my parents found out! Apparently, this was NOT 'appropriate reading material' for a church function! Taught me some things...oh wait. Wasn't supposed to say that! And the book mysteriously disappeared from my parents' bookshelves...
4) Dyed my hair with food coloring just for fun. Color? Red.
5) In Biology class, my lab partner and I decided to unravel the IUD to see how long the thing actually was. Teacher was not amused.
6) AJ is talking about breaking the rules on the job; The only one I can think of is the time I wanted to go to lunch; I used the CB radio to ask my boss if a McDonald's was in the area in which I was driving that day! He later took me aside and asked me to only use the radio to call in if I was lost, or there was a problem with one of the children I was picking up or dropping off!
Hmmm...I'll tag Marianne/April; Minett; Suzanne/Trinity; BB, and Jackie.
Want a good laugh? Go to Sandra's blog http://www.sandracox.blogspot.com/ and check out the church bulletin bloopers! I nearly fell of my chair laughing...And Barb's talking about the chocolate pastry desserts offered by the local pizza parlors http://www.barbarahuffert.blogspot.com/ Have you tried them? They're delicious! Do you order online, or do you still call? I love the online ordering at Papa John's, but my kids like our local Bobe's Pizza, and we have to call. I want to try the Pizza Hut Chocolate Dipping Sauce either tonight or tomorrow.