Thursday, August 14, 2008

It's Thursday?

Currently Reading: Can you believe it? I did not read yesterday. Spent too much time blogging.


Already? Where did the week go?

This cracked me up this morning:

Actual call to a computer-support line:

Customer: Hello? My computer's power just died.

Tech support: Ok. Is everyone else's computer in that room working?

Customer: Yes.

Tech support: What were you doing before it went out?

C: I plugged my curling iron into the power strip.

TS: Really? What else is plugged in there?

C: Well, my radio, my space heater, my cup warmer, my printer, my monitor, and my computer.

TS: Did you unplug anything to plug your curling iron in?

C: Yes, my space heater.

TS: Well, unplug the curling iron and plug the space heater back in.

C: Hey! My computer is working now! Is there something wrong with the power strip?

Writing deadline approacheth:
Typed up my blurb and synopsis of my most recent wip; as soon as I get feedback on the synopsis, which I found extremely hard to write, I'll send it on its way. Don't know why I had a hard time with this one; unless I'm totally wrong about how synopsis are supposed to sound, I usually have no problem writing one. And I'm frustrated because a fantastic workshop is being held on the Novel Sisterhood on Sunday concerning writing the synopsis, but as I'll be driving home from the State Fair, I'll arrive home just about the time it's winding down. So I'll just have to read the posts next Monday, and see what I can glean from them. Got some great advice on the blurbs last month!

And as if I don't have enough unfinished wips lying around, another idea popped into my head last night and insisted I write it down. Since I'd already sent the household to bed, I grabbed my notebook and wrote down the first scene. Satisfied with that, the muse let me sleep.

Promo Ideas
If your clueless about promotional stuff, the authors at the Oh Get a Grip blog (www.ohgetagrip.blogspot.com) are blogging about the topic all week. I've found it very helpful; especially in the comments. Marcia James wrote in, and we had a lively discussion yesterday and on Tuesday. And speaking of promo, I forgot my new bookmarks are ready. My spousal unit was supposed to pick them up two weeks ago, but he forgot, and then I left town and just remembered this morning!

High ho, high ho, it's back to school we go!
Filled out the enrollment papers for my youngest child's final year in Head Start, and met his new teacher's assistant:) Turns out she's skittish around large, friendly dogs, so I had to put Lucky out back. Speaking of which, I'd better let her back in! And no, didn't bring up the rats. They were asleep, and W was more interested in showing his teacher his new school clothes! He also brought out last year's pictures to show the new assistant how much fun he had last year. He goes back to school Sept 2nd.

Olymopic Update: Is Michael Phelps on fire or what? Wow...and in Beach Volleyball, Kerri Walsh and Misty May-Treanor won game #104 against Norway. Round #2 looked like it was going to be close, but Walsh and May Treanor soon pulled ahead. Synchronized springboard diving: Kudos to the Chinese, Russians, and Ukranians! Ukranians have never medalled in this event. I thought I had taped it; apparently I did not. I thought I remembered Canada scoring higher than the US; I'll have to check this. According to my notes, USA came in 4th. Haven't watched the Men's All Around in Gymnastics, though I know China's hero came away with the gold. And Australia's swimmers won gold in another event.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been blogging way too much all week and have got NO writing done since Sunday. Of course I worked 12 hours Tuesday and somewhat late on Monday at the day job and I've also been down with a virus all week. But if I could blog I could probably write on the story.

Michael Phelps is amazing.

Phoenix said...

Good luck on the synopses sending!

barbara huffert said...

I missed all the blogs yesterday so catching up today. Sh, don't tell...I went out to play. What are you going to do with all your free time when the kids are back to school?

Molly Daniels said...

(choke, sputter) Free time? Right now between trying to write the perfect synopsis, watching the Olympics, getting my house under control again, and making sure the toddler doesn't try to follow his friends to school, I don't have a great deal of free time...oh, you mean AFTER Sept 2nd? Write, write, write, and read a couple of e-books:) My list is down to 75:) And no, I'm not adding to it until it gets below 30. Except for you guys, that is...

J.J. Hebert said...

Good luck!

Oh, and by the way, I found your blog through Barbara Huffert.

Molly Daniels said...

Welcome JJ:) Always nice to meet new people!