Saturday, June 6, 2009

Saturday's Stupid Saying

Currently Reading: Finished Stone and Sea last night. Another excellent book from Ms Pape:) And a Recommended Read from me:) In fact this entire series by Cindy is excellent! Looking forward to Stone and Fire sometime next fall...unless I bump it up. Next, I'm diving into Claire Thompson's Accidental Slave. And discovered last night I also won my choice of her print books! Yay...I'll have another author's work to promote this summer! I've already decided to get another table; I utilized the extra table last fall at the Fall Festival, and my table didn't look so crowded!

Doesn't This Sound Appetizing?
We serve dead shrimp on warm vegetables with a smile.
on a Shanghai menu


Remember my Sid and Marty Kroft post two weeks ago? Click here to learn some more fun facts about 'Land of the Lost', since Will Ferrell's version arrived in theatres yesterday.

I neglected to mention the spouse took me to see Star Trek two weeks ago. We went to the late show, and it was a relaxing time, knowing my kids were tucked in bed, and to have an adult moment in the theatre. No, not that kind of moment! I mean, I didn't have to miss any scenes because of having to pull out money for snacks; answer questions; or accompany anyone to the restroom.

I'm not a huge snacker at movies, nor do I drink a lot while watching them. One bag of extra-buttery popcorn and I'm fine. Not like the spouse who made 3 trips for the free popcorn, plus a trip for a soda for himself and a bottle of water for me. I think I only took three sips, but still had to make a quick run to the powder room. Fortunately, I didn't miss much.

The last time the spouse and I went to the movies alone, it was to see Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, and he laughed at me as I sobbed all the way through Anikan's decision to turn to the dark side. And then again at the end, when he and Obi-Wan are fighting. And yet again when Padme dies. Afterwards, he took me to Texas Roadhouse for a snack, rather than driving me home.

So yeah, two weeks ago was a treat. But now we are closer to the movie theatre, and it was after midnight when the show was over. This town shuts down after 10pm, except for the bars, and since he can no longer drink, due to his medication and other health issues, we simply came home and fell into bed. It had been quite a long time since I'd stayed up that late! (Lord....am I getting old? Nah...that's what happens when you have a toddler!)

Have no idea what we're doing today, other than going to the store to get everything for the party tomorrow. Have a good weekend and I'll be back on Monday:)

3 comments:

Phoenix said...

hey darlin'! Sorry it took me so long to get over here. :) I'm a little jealous that you won Claire's book cause she is a fabulous writer. But you know that already.

Some point this summer I'm going to find a way to read that Kenzie girl's book I bought. ;)

Sandra Cox said...

I loved Star Trek!

Molly Daniels said...

Shucks, Kell...I know you're busy:)

Hi Sandra:) I can't wait to see it again, to see the two minutes I missed!

Now I need to catch up on my NG movies...never saw Nemesis.