Currently Reading: The Water Bearer has shipped! I should get it by the end of the week! I'm almost finished with the One Touch, One Glance antho; p. 176. Killer Curves is up next, and I also won Claire Thompson's Accidental Slave last week. So I have plenty of reading material.
...and why I need my kids to stop hiding my dictionary!
1) I've discovered I cannot spell 'recommend'. I keep putting in an extra 'c'.
2) My brand-new brochures from Vista? Worthless now, because there's an extra 'i' in 'mjdaniels.blogspot.com'. Sheesh! You'd think I knew how to type my own damn name...
3) Even while typing this up, my dyslexic fingers insist on hitting the wrong keys. (Case in Point: 'keys' was typed 'kehyas')
4) I posted Kenzie's interview with Marc, only to discover later (after posting it to a couple of promo loops, no doubt!) I had typed 'town' as 'toen'. Note to self: Please remember to hit spell-check before posting Word documents to the web?
5) I tried my hand at critiquing someone's work, but had to decline when her lack of punctuation and spelling gave me a migraine. She found someone else and now has two books pubbed. But her emails still give me a headache as I mentally insert the correct punctuation. I feel sorry for her editor...
I think I mentioned one time, waaaay back when, I was so disgusted by a former boyfriend's writing ability, I took a red pen to one of his letters. He soon stopped writing me. Hmmm...wonder why?
And yes, I'm a blonde, but there is no White-Out on my monitor screen! I simply forget to proofread.
Fortunately, Vista's offering free brochures again. And this time, I'll be sure to get it right...I've got three signings this month and would like to send potential readers to the right website!