Thursday, December 12, 2013

Final Critique of TSWSNBN

Currently Reading:  Finally finished Unwritten Rules by Alison Henderson and really enjoyed it!  Recommended Read:)  It's the story of a PI in charge of protecting a client who also happens to be her neighbor, who wrote a spy novel.  While on a book tour, someone either isn't happy about the book or doesn't like him.  Go pick this up:)  Now onto The Tiger's Heart by Marissa Dobson.  I think it's a tiger shifter, so this will be interesting!  It's also a long one (35 chapters), so depending on the pace and my reading time, I may not finish this for a week or so.

I have to say, I was never so thankful to see 'The End' of a book, with the exception of Catching Fire.
When I left off, A had just discovered she was pregnant, and C blew up at her; they fought; and then things calmed down.

Ch. 24:
She's still in the hospital and right at the start, C looks as if he's 'in the mood', and she's surprised by his shifting mood.  You've been with the man now for how long?  And this surprises you?

Pg 490:  She's staring at C getting undressed and he teases her.  So why does she try to ignore the fact she's been caught staring at him?  You're married!  It's OKAY!

Pg 493:  Let's take an informal poll of readers:  You've just been released from the hospital and have cracked ribs, a concussion, and multiple bruises.  Would you suddenly have the urge to make love?  Yeah, me neither.  A is definitely off her rocker....but you knew that already, right?

Pg 494:  Okay; mystery solved.  JH has been trying to kill C because they grew up together in the same foster home, only C was adopted to wealth and J wasn't.  The entire plot of book #2 was jealousy, as was the cliffhanger at the end.  I was hoping for a more complex answer, like one of C's 'most trusted'?  Would have made it more interesting....but then again, this isn't a Dan Brown, Stephen King, or Michael Palmer.

Ch. 25:
C decides to tell A the entire story and suddenly she wonders if she really wants to hear it?  If I've been bugging a guy for 3 books to open up, that's the LAST thing on my mind!  Where's her inner goddess?  She should be turning handsprings and doing a cheer.

They eventually do have sex, though A admits some parts are more painful.  And C explains why he allowed Mrs. Robinson to be his Domme, and when he made the decision to become a Dom himself.

Epilogue:
She's heavily pregnant, and they're indulging in some mild bondage play.  But all of a sudden, she mentions Blip #2.  HUH?  

Pg 537:  We see she's jumped ahead and now has a son, so she's PG with the daughter.  I'm glad C was able to get her to change her mind about names for B#2; why on earth would you see if your hubby would like to name his child after a woman who gave him up and who he refers to as 'that crack whore'?  Name the baby after the ADOPTED mom!

Pg 544:  Remembering Blip #1's birth, and I'm confused.  Did she have the baby before the C-section or was it a C-section?  (just reread it; I think it WAS by C-section)

And finally, there is the scenes where A met C, and he goes to the hardware store, all from his POV.

The end.  

We now return to regular Thursday programming on this blog.  Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Melissa Keir said...

Wow.. this whole third part just has me confused. :)

Sandy said...

LOL Oh my, you had me laughing, Molly. Maybe, it's because I just got my edits, and I heard some of those things. Thank God, someone caught them.

Cara Marsi said...

I love your critiques, Molly, and yes, I'm confused, too. Despite the bad writing and redundancies, these books are beloved by so many. The writer is laughing at all of us schmucks who actually try to write well.

Marianne Stephens said...

I guess the "big" publishers like confused readers. What is supposed to be the attraction enticing people to read these three books? Yep...the author is laughing all the way to the bank.