Monday, October 27, 2008

Change of Plans

Life Happens.
Kids get sick; Boy Scouts make plans and parents find out at the last minute. So all we did yesterday after church and satisfying my craving for Nachos Fajitas (stop laughing at me Regina!) was come home and rest for two hours. Hubby watched his two weeks' worth of Sanctuary while I finished his laundry.

Toddler continued to run a temp; my oldest left for a BSA planning meeting. We picked up our daughter and went grocery shopping; came home and after putting away everything, I fixed a delicious meal and packed hubby off to bed.

Now this morning, I have two sick boys. Daughter wasn't at all thrilled to learn she was the only one going to school this morning, but she'll get over it. One thing I like about sick days; it slows the toddler down. And with his big brother home, I may actually get some more writing accomplished!

Now, plans are set for Wednesday to go get pumpkins. Hopefully the weather will cooperate!

Update on Mom:
She's home! She came home at noon yesterday and was in good spirits. One thing about being a popular nurse; one of her nurses had done their Student Nursing at the high school where Mom worked; another had been a student at the high school. Both took excellent care of 'Mrs Mac' as she was known! Thanks you two!

Now we're waiting for the results of the culture test. Initial tests revealed no pus or blood in the fluid, which is good.

And even my dad is feeling slightly better.

Falling Gas Prices
Gas is currently $2.45 here; what's the price in your town? Hubby said he got it for $2.22 in Martinsville, In. So I guess that's the place to be for cheap gas!

And cold weather has entered the state. It is only supposed to be a high of 45 degrees today, and dip below freezing tonight. I broke down and turned on the heat last week, when overnight temps dipped into the 40's. But hopefully by Halloween, the temps will be more comfortable for the trick-or-treaters!

5 comments:

JacquƩline Roth said...

Glad to hear you're mom is home. Mine is in Illinois and called me to tell me of the predictions for snow coming up this week. She does it to make me feel lucky to live in the south, but it just makes me homesick.

Molly Daniels said...

Yeah...we were laughing when we saw Colorado had snow last week. Hopefully it will miss us in the southern part of the state! Sooooo not ready for the white stuff yet!

anny cook said...

Glad your mom is home! Hope the boys get bet very sooooon.

MJFredrick said...

Glad your mom is home.

I saw gas for $2.15 today. I'm in San Antonio.

barbara huffert said...

Please send all snow here. It was 60 yesterday.

Yay for your mom! Tell her she needs to stay healthy now.