Monday, October 20, 2008

Success!

Weekend went very smoothly! There was a steady stream of people for the party, and we had a ton of food left over. We had unearthed Mom and Dad's wedding album, guest registry, and their 25th anniversary announcement. Everyone loved the 'Did You Know...' poster my daughter had made, full of fun facts about Mom and Dad's early dating and marriage trivia, and we all enjoyed the ads from 1963. For example, ground beef was on sale for 39 cents a pound; dresses sold for $12; a used 1959 Ford truck was offered for $549; a complete living room suite was only $130. My how times have changed!

Yesterday after church, we ate at The Trails buffet, and the younger kids especially enjoyed the pancakes. And for dessert, ice cream. Afterwards, we returned home and I handed out the Memory Albums I had made for the 3 toddlers, my parents, and my sister. I had gotten the photos developed (finally!) of our trip to Holiday World last May and put them into albums. Now the three toddlers can 'see' their cousins anytime they want to, and not depend on family trips.

Around 3, we had the family portraits taken. Grandma and Grandpa were in white shirts, and the grandkids stood around them in a rainbow of colors: Dark blue, Light blue, Red, Pink, and Orange. And then the Purdue shirts were donned, and that picture turned out to be the best of the bunch. So much for the 'colorful' one my sis desired!

We left around 7pm last night and drove home; my sister and her kids fly home later today. When I had the pictures developed from the party and brunch, I forgot to put them on CD. I'll do that later this week and post a few for everyone to see.

What has everyone else been up to? I read the blogs Friday morning, but then something happened to Grandma's computer, so I didn't read any over the weekend.

Have a great day; I'm off to unpack and get back into my normal routine.

Oh yes...I managed to sell two more copies of my books over the weekend as well! Does this mean I get to claim the weekend as a 'business trip', ha ha?

6 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Sounds like an AWESOME event. FUN.

Sandra Cox said...

Sounds like a wonderful celebration.
I especially like the Purdue shirts:)

barbara huffert said...

Absolutely it was a business trip! Cool on the family pictures. That is something you'll always treasue. Yay for the great celebration!

How's your MIL?

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great party. I'm so happy for your parents.

JacquƩline Roth said...

Sounds like you had a great celebration. I'm glad it went well.

Molly Daniels said...

It was a fantastic family weekend...until we got home!