Friday, December 18, 2009

I'm Gonna Be A Purdue Mom!

Dear K,
It is with regret that we write to tell you we cannot offer you admission to the program of study you selected on your application. You are a good student whom we know can succeed at Purdue, but the applicant pool for your selected academic program is highly competitive.

However, we can offer guaranteed admission to Purdue West Lafayette for fall 2010 if you would like to consider a different major.

Your decision letter will be in the mail soon. It will include guidance on what you need to do to be admitted to Purdue - namely, consult with the Office of Admissions on what program or programs are available to you based on your academic credentials and then submit a form to request the program within four weeks of receiving your decision letter. Please do not submit another application.

He got in! He has to choose a different major, but he's going to be a Boilermaker!

I overslept this morning, but this email K forwarded to me made my day:) Great early birthday present!

7 Days Left:
Gifts Bought: 6. Only a few more to go:)
Cookies Baked: Am baking the banana bread to take to school for W's teacher's present. I may make more M&M cookies this afternoon.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to your son on the wonderful news. :)

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks:) It is a HUGE relief to know he's been accepted! Now we just have to PAY for it...

Regina Carlysle said...

Ohhhh that's the BEST NEWS!!!! I know exactly how frustrating the wait is for this stuff. Congrats to all of you.

Stephanie said...

Wow! That's so awesome!!!!!!

Anny Cook said...

Congratulations, K!

Sandra Cox said...

Congrats! I told you didn't I that I used to work at Purdue.