Thursday, December 17, 2009

Thursday Ramblings

We're winding down to Christmas Break in our household. The teens are in the midst of final exams and finally telling me what they reeeeaaaaallly would like to see under the tree next week. The youngling has also caught the 'Christmas-Break-is-almost-here-I-can-be-a-brat-and-not-get-up-on-time' fever and has been practically bullied out the door.

Yesterday, K and I went to view his Senior Picture proofs. Let me tell you, I have a handsome son! Even with that said, I had no problems picking out the three poses for his package, earning a 'thank you' from the frenzied photo studio person:) Apparently the last few appointments have been full of 'I-just-can't-make-up-my-mind!' We were in and out in less than an hour. I mind-boggled her when I told her I'd been counting the pictures on the slideshow and knew exactly which ones I wanted:) And she even good-naturedly tossed in a free picture of my senior goofing off during a test shot. The pictures should be ready by February, which means we'll have no trouble paying for the balance, as the tax money will be here.

I also finally finished watching Gladiator. There were a few head-scratch moments, due to my slight deafness and the actors mumbling. I got tired of rewinding and upping the volume, so I still don't exactly understand one particular scene. But I enjoyed the movie, and now I'm slightly in love with Russell Crowe. Harrison Ford is still at the top of my Celebrity Crush list, but now Russell and Gerard Butler are vying for the Number 3 slot (Peyton Manning and Troy Aikman are still tied for #2!)

More shopping is on today's To-Do List. We need dog food, coffee, bread, and a few Christmas presents. I'll admit, I've been bitten by the Scrooge bug and am all for having a Bundy Christmas on the 26th. Or, even post-poning Christmas until after Valentine's Day. Which is a shame, considering this time last year, I had 90% of the gifts bought; stacks of Christmas cookies; and had the Christmas carols playing practically non-stop. This year, the only songs I've sung are Jingle Bells and Rudolph, courtesy of my youngest. Maybe things will get better when I actually start to WRAP?? I'll probably do my cards today or tomorrow.

8 Days Left:
Gifts Bought: None yesterday.
Cookies Baked: 4 doz chocolate chip and 3 doz M&M's. And came upstairs last night after watching Monday's L&O and found the SU and youngling into the chocolate chips. Sigh...Santa will be lucky if he gets any at this rate!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been bitten by the Christmas break bug too! I start my two week vacation tomorrow and can't wait!

Hope you find your Christmas spirit soon! :) I'm still looking.

Anny Cook said...

Wrapping, etc, does help. I've found that re-reading through my Christmas blogs from other years reminds me of what Christmas is about.

Linda Kage said...

I still need to buy ALOT of my gifts. Sigh.

And thanks for tagging me, I answered my questions this morning (Friday).