Thursday, December 10, 2009

So What Would You Grab?

I'm curious. If you're a regular reader of this humble blog, you know I have eclectic taste when it comes to music and books. I'll have Mozart, Neil Diamond, Styx, The Bee Gees, Madonna, and REM on the same mix CD. If you look at my bookshelves (or in this case, boxes), you'll find James Patterson, Robin Cook, WEB Griffen, John Jakes, and John Irving along with Catherine Coulter, Nora Roberts, Lavyrl Spencer, Kelly Kirch, Anny Cook, Phyllis Campbell, Louisa May Alcott, and Jude Devereaux. (All other e-book authors are on my flash drive)

So here's my question: If the house was burning down and you had only enough time to throw books in one box to save, which ones would you grab? For my fellow authors, this is after you've grabbed your computer, flash drives, kids, pets, etc!

I'll start. Taking into account my favorite childhood books are already in storage and away from my fictional house, I would grab the following:
-Wagons West series by Dana Fuller Ross
-Women of Substance series by Barbara Taylor Bradford
-A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving
-North and South series by John Jakes
-entire Lavryl Spencer, Nora Roberts, and Jude Devereaux series
-Men In Blue Series by WEB Griffen
-Twilight Series by Stephanie Meyers (My daughter would insist, lol!)
-and of course, the Bible I've had since the 3rd grade, and the entire stack on my bedside table!

Hey...I didn't specify the size of the box:) And yes, get a hunky firefighter to carry it safely out of harm's way! (Any other e-pubbed authors' books in print are already outside and safe, thanks to being in my rolling cart, which I included among the 'first saved', lol!)

15 Days Left!
Gifts Bought: 4
Cookies Baked: Slight change in plans yesterday...none were baked after all. I might get to the oatmeal raisin today...

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Photo albums...those are irreplaceable!! I can always go and re-buy The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series and Gone With the Wind! :)

barbara huffert said...

Animal Dreams - Barbara Kingsolver There's a line in there that's so perfect I'd have to keep it.

Carol Preflatish said...

The books I'd grab first would be from authors, James Patterson, Robert B. Parker, Lisa Gardner, and mine.

Anny Cook said...

E-books are on a flash drive. Photos are on a flash drive. Genealogy is on a flash drive. Guess I would make sure to take the flash drives!

Linda Kage said...

Now... how fast is the house burning down? I think I'm going to need a dozen hunky (and perferably shirtless) firefighters to carry all my books out for me.

I know I'd have to grab the Harry Potter and Twilight sets. I loved the author AVI when I was younger, so I'd probaby grab a few of those as well as one or two Shel Silverstein and Dr. Seuss books.

Then...my favorite romance authors. At least one Sandra Brown, Catherine Anderson, Linda Howard, Julie Garwood, Julia Quinn, Lisa Kleypas, Elizabeth Hoyt, Sherrilyn Kenyon, JR Ward, Cherry Adair, and Nora Roberts books.

I couldn't possibly leave the house without a few classics like Gone With the Wind and To Kill a Mockingbird.

And I'd really need a few reference books, like my thesauras and The Elements of Style.

OK, make that two dozen hunky firefighter please!