Saturday, December 19, 2009

Saturday's Stupid Saying...And My 2nd Favorite Day Of The Year:)

Weakest Link host: The Hallelujah Chorus occurs in which oratorio by Handel?

Contestant: The Sound of Music


Hahahaha...I thought that was appropriate for this time of the year:)

Yes, It's My Birthday
I'm 44 today, although I still feel as if I'm in my early 30's:) I can't possibly be old enough to have a child graduating this year, or be out of high school twenty-five years, or even out of college for twenty! But yes, I am. And I've got the gray hairs to prove it! (Thanks W!)

Growing up, if my birthday fell on a Saturday, it meant traveling to my paternal grandparents' house to celebrate Christmas with them. A birthday cake was also provided, and my party with my friends was scheduled on Friday. When I was a sophomore in high school, I protested against the family Christmas party and thankfully they pushed it to the 20th so I could go bowling with my friends.

My college friends always thought my birthday was on the 17th; we were always in the midst of final exams, so we always let off some steam with pizza and our respective boyfriends. By the time I hit the legal drinking age, I happened to be working part time at the country club, so I never did get to go drinking with my friends until I was nearly thirty!

I don't know what the family has planned; Anny Cook asked a few weeks ago what the perfect present would be. This time a year, I'd love for a no questions asked; give me $200; and let me have the day to myself. I'd probably grab my bff and start with lunch, followed by a massage, shopping, a nice dinner, and dancing (okay; going to need slightly more money, hahaha!) Another perfect day this time of year is for the family to disappear for about eight hours, so I can wrap the gifts. Christmas music would be blaring, and my favorite TGI Fridays potato skins would be in the oven.

But I know the day will begin with chocolate chip muffins; I will be holed up downstairs watching Law and Order; dinner will be at our favorite Mexican restaurant (go ahead and laugh Reg!), followed by a trip to see the Christmas Lights in the park and around town, and returning home for ice cream and cake.

I might even be persuaded to make more cookies. Who knows?

Have a good day and I'll be back on Monday:)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOLLY! Enjoy your day.

Anny Cook said...

Happy Birthday, dear. I have a child a couple years younger than you. Sneck up and enjoy the day!

Sandra Cox said...

Whether its muffins or a massage, hope your day is wonderful.

Linda Kage said...

Happy Birthday, Molly!!!!!!!

My hubby's birthday falls shortly after Christmas, so he knows all about the double celebrating! Hope it was a good day.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you on your information.