Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009: Year In Review

Jan: I was offered a contract by Freya’s Bower for my first erotic romance novella, All She Ever Wanted.

Feb: Got my beautiful cover and also finished writing another story, tentatively titled Off The Clock. A week later, a disgruntled worker popped into my head and I wrote a three-page, very angry story based on what he said. My crit partners loved it, and it has become a collaborated effort. I may be a horror writer someday soon, if they will ever finish their parts!

Mar-Apr: Did edits and agreed to an interview on BlogTalk radio with my friend Travis www.blogtalkradio.com/jtravisgrundon

May: All She Ever Wanted was released on the 19th. I celebrated with my crit group as we ate cake, passed out bookmarks to anyone in the coffee shop who wanted to know what the celebration was, and also congratulated Travis on his news! His horror anthology had been picked up by Black Bedsheet Books and would be released in August.

June-July: Reviews started trickling in, all favorable! I also attended my 25th HS Reunion.

August: Since I’d transferred high schools, I crashed another HS reunion so I could see classmates I’d not seen since 1981. Plus, ASEW spent three weeks in the top 25 Best Sellers over at ebookwise.com:) Found out via email:

Received the following email from editor Chuck Sunday August 2nd:

Hey!!

Did you know ASEW is # 3 on eBookwise for Freya's Bower?
http://www.ebookwise.com/ebooks/p928/Freyas-Bower/?&si=43


Sept-Nov: Due to comments at both reunions, a storyline popped into my head. It didn’t really develop until I received a letter from a reader, asking for a sequel to ASEW. I went back, changed some names around, and the story took off. I was also heavily involved with being a football mom; my oldest was playing Varsity Football for his senior year, so I did no signings at the usual craft fairs. My oldest also managed to take and pass his SAT’s; apply to Purdue; finish his Eagle Scout requirements; and pass his Eagle Board of Review.

Dec: Received another contract from Freya’s Bower, this time for my full-length erotic romance, Teacher’s Pet. Due to financial constraints and the fact my printer’s been broken for two years, I finally put it in the mail last week! K was also accepted to Purdue! Now we have to find a way to pay for it….

Which very nicely wraps up this year; I started with a contract and end with a contract. Here’s hoping for a better sales year in 2010!

Books Read:
E-books: 81 (Didn't count Reg's Lone Star Lycan, since I'm still reading it)
Print: 46 (Again, not counting Handle With Care)

Most Memorable:
Print: Jodi Picoult, Twilight series, and Jamie Carie’s books (print)

E-Book: Liana Laverentz and Bekki Lynn at Siren-BookStrand; Regina Carlysle at EC

Fav Erotic Romance author of 2009:
Regina Carlysle

Congratulations Samantha!
Baby Shaant made his appearance last night at 9:10pm! Weighing in at 9 lbs, 9 oz and measuring 21.5 inches:) Mother and son are doing fine; Father cut the cord and turned white. I'm told he had to leave the LDR room several times, poor guy! As soon as I get to see him, I'll post a picture of our newest 'family' member:)

10 comments:

Liana Laverentz said...

Wow. Thanks for the shout out about most memorable e-book. Here's to a very prosperous and Happy New Year...and a new printer for you! Congrats on the sales and the new baby.

Molly Daniels said...

Thanks Liana:) Check back next month; I know I'll be listing both of your books as Monthly Favorites, something I did last year and plan to do again.

Brynn Paulin said...

Sounds like a busy year!
Congrats to Samantha and A and welcome to baby Shaant!
~~B

Regina Carlysle said...

Isn't it strange how we can look back on a year and just suck in our breath at how much HAPPENED???? I haven't sat down and made out a list like this but I sure should. You've had a truly great year, haven't you, Molly?

((((((HUGS)))))) on the nice compliment, too, honey. You are just the sweetest friend. So here's a little clinky clink to the new year. I just know it's gonna be great!

Bekki Lynn said...

Oh, wow! Memorable -- what a sweet surprise. Thank you!

Congrats on the new contract!

Happy New Year, Molly!

2010 is going to be a milestone year for us all.

Anonymous said...

The excellent message))

Molly Daniels said...

Brynn- Last year was mainly about you, and this year it was Reg and Ashley:)

Reg-Sorry I waited so long to read your books!

Bekki-Definitely looking forward to more from you and Liana.

Happy New Year:)

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Congrats on a great year, Molly! And happy 2010!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.