Monday, December 14, 2009

Mission Accomplished!

Currently Reading: I'm up to Ch 13 on Infidelity:) I'm still waiting to discover the reason behind the title; so far as I can tell, the H/H have been pretty faithful to each other! But then again, I'm only 1/3 of the way through the book:) I'm reeeeeaaaaalllly enjoying it Debbie!


Sort of.

After I posted Saturday's entry, I moved into Cookie Mode. Started to make the Oatmeal Raisin, but discovered the Crisco the SU bought last week was NOT butter-flavored, and I was also down to four eggs, so sent him to the store while I whipped up the Chocolate Chips. W's friend C arrived, and they 'helped' with the cookie baking. Of course, this 'help' was limited to tasting the dough, eating the first couple of fresh ones, and pouring in the ingredients. C giggled when I showed her how to crack an egg and I'm the one who ended up with messy hands:) W decided to scoop out a cookie and place it on the baking stone, only to decide it was 'too big' and ate it himself. When the Oatmeal Raisin onces were cool enough to eat, C's eyes lit up as she proclaimed them her favorites! She said the same thing later when I made the Special Dark ones for the SU:)

I'm still not finished with the baking. I still have to go get some M&M's and butterscotch chips. The Oatmeal Raisin I set aside for family consumption are alreay depleted. So yes, I finally got with the program!

"Surprise!"
I managed to pull a fast one on my son.

Yesterday, we met the grandparents for a combination birthday party for K and myself. This coincided with a very exciting Broncho-Colts football game, one in which at halftime, the Colts were up, 21-7. During the hour we traveled, that lead slipped to 21-16, and as we entered the restaurant, Peyton Manning and Co. were on the 5-yd line, ready to make a touchdown. K and his dad stayed in the car; the rest of us waited to be seated and watched it on the television.

The hostess seated us at two booths, one large and one small. I suggested the three teens sit at the smaller booth (K's girlfriend was with us) and we continued to watch the game (Colts did manage to finally get it into the end zone, making the score 28-16. Whew!). While the teens' attention was diverted, I kept an eye on the front door. When I saw the final three members of our party, I called to K.

His eyes grew wide; his jaw dropped. For he had not known his sister and I had conspired to get one of his BFF's from the old neighborhood down to share in the celebration! He said that was a wonderful surprise, and thanked me again this morning for making the arrangements.

I was thrilled that with the game, the kid's attention was distracted, so he didn't notice we were a party of eight, sitting at two tables with enough place settings for eleven:) A good time was had by all, and once again, I ate a delicious filet mignon and cheescake with chocolate sauce for dessert. And my parents gave me a card which plays 'My Girl'. W was fascinated with it, and I finally had to hide it from him!

11 Days Left!
Gifts Bought: Check back tomorrow:)
Cookies Baked: 6 doz chocolate chip; 6 doz oatmeal raisin; 6 doz Special Dark chip. How many are left? Only about half! I've stashed most of them away to be given to W's teacher on Friday.

5 comments:

Regina Carlysle said...

Busy, busy. You do cookies every year at Christmas, don't you? Love the BIG SURPRISE you planned.

Unknown said...

Yummy, lots of cookies. I've been dying to bake some, but I'm admittedly not a baker! LOL

So glad your surprise went off as planned.

Linda Kage said...

I just went to a cookie swap party this weekend. Never been to one before, but yum, I got me a whole lot of cookies to take home!!

Anny Cook said...

Good grief! If I made cookies like that, we'd all be roly-poly.

Unknown said...

You’ve been tagged. To check out the questions visit: http://amberskyze.blogspot.com