Thursday, December 3, 2009

Mild Setback

Currently Reading: I'm up to Ch. 5 of Lord of the Flies, and devoured Rick Riordan's Last Olympian! OMG! I admit to suspecting the 'twist', but it was an enjoyable end to this series! And now to enjoy the movies! If you have any teenagers, I Highly Recommend the Percy Jackson series. And yes, read it as adults too. It brings Greek Mythology to life in a very humorous way:)


Ever wake up in the morning and just know something's 'off'? Yesterday, my hot flashes and coughing had me awake at 3:30 am. At 4, I quit fighting the insomia and went downstairs to finish watching my L&O marathon.

After I got the kids to school and did my internet 'thing', the SU and I went out and ran a few errands. By the time we arrived back home, my body was complaining.

Not the you're-sleepy-go-take-a-nap type of protest; the I-don't-feel-like-doing-anything feeling. So I went downstairs (with the tub of frozen cookie dough) and watched more L&O while snacking (NOT gorging) on raw cookie dough. I think I ate maybe six or so pre-measured cookies. When I'd had enough (I know...hard concept to grasp...how can you possibly stop eating cookie dough, grin!), I closed the tub and put it back in the freezer.

Here's where things began really going down hill (and no, it wasn't from the sugar high!). I had to take S to her physical therapy, and halfway there, my ear started to hurt. Just a twinge, mind you, lasting maybe a micro-second. Half an hour later, same thing. Driving home, the twinge turned into a full second. And so it went, with the pain lasting slightly longer and getting slightly more painfull. (For a more descriptive sense of the pain, the first flashes, on a scale of 1-10, would have been a -5, while the ones at this point being more like a 1 or a 2. Painful enough for me to say 'Ow', but more of an annoyance than anything.)

Around five-thirty pm, I conceded to go the ER. Half an hour later, we walked out with a prescription for antibiotic/anesthetic ear drops and amoxicillen. Oh yeah, and a diagnosis of what I told the nurse: Sinusitis. My SU looked at me and said, "If you already know what you have, why are we here?"

"Because I cannot write myself a 'script for penicillen, and he can!"

The doctor laughed at me, and we discovered we're both 'human barometers', only on the opposite ends. He gets the headaches when High Pressure moves in; I get them when the pressure drops.

So here I sit; I went to bed at 10pm after swallowing a pill an hour, to get the full effect of one day's dose, and four drops in my right ear. It was hard to get me out of bed at seven, I was sleeping so soundly!

I've got a cottonball in my ear (I'm supposed to put the drops in four times a day) and have had my morning pill. And while I was sleeping, the kids raided the rest of the cookie dough. The SU 'rescued' it and managed to bake 5 cookies. Two tubs of cookie dough, and only 5 cookies baked. Pretty bad, eh? But what I did eat was delicious...and I promise to be good when I actually get around to the ones I make from scratch!

22 Days Left:
Cookies Baked: 5, but were eaten by kids.

2 comments:

Anny Cook said...

Hmmmm. Maybe I'll mix up some gingerbread cookies...

Unknown said...

You have me wanting to bake! I wish I had time. :)